This instruction will help you to learn how to check and replace the Replacing the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark Gears.If your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark Cleaner stops moving, you may have debris stuck in the gears or one or more of the gears may be worn or broken and need to be replaced. The Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark Gears only come in a kit so if one is broken you will have to buy and replace them all.
1. ORDER PARTS - The first step is to order the parts you will need. The only part required is the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark GEAR KIT. Note: the steps that begin with an * designate those steps where parts of the Gear Kit are replaced. Also the Stainless Steel Shaft shown in this picture is not available and is not included in the Gear Kit.
2. PULL OFF VACUUM PAD - Carefully peel off the rubber Vacuum Pad over the lip of the Outer Housing. You might need to start with a screwdriver.
3. LIFT OUTER HOUSING - After the Vacuum Pad is completely off, you should be able to lift the Outer Housing straight up off the Chassis and Pad.
4. *RELEASE DRIVE SHAFT - There are two Sprocket Clips. Squeeze and pull out the Drive Shaft Sprocket Clip and shaft (as shown) to release the Drive Shaft Assembly.
5. *RELEASE CENTER SPROCKET - Squeeze and pull out the other Sprocket Clip to release the Center Sprocket.
6. PULL OFF SWIVEL HOUSING - The Swivel Housing is attached to the top of the Chassis. Gently pry the four corners out of their slots with a narrow blade like a chisel.
7. LlFT COG WHEEL - Once the Swivel Housing is off, you will be able to lift out the small Cog Wheel that was directly under the Swivel Housing.
8. REMOVE STAINLESS STEEL SHAFT - Remove the Shaft Plug by the Large Steering Dive Wheel. Pull out the Stainless Steel Shaft connected to the Shaft Plug. Pull out the other Shaft Plug on the other side of the Chassis.
9. *REMOVE OLD STEERING DRIVE - Pull the Large Steering Drive Assembly straight up away from the Chassis. You might have to push it away from the Chassis a little as you pull it up to have it clear part of the Chassis.
10. *POSITION NEW STEERING DRIVE - In preparation for installing the New Large Steering Drive, position it so that the notch in the center disk is down. This notch will engage with a vertical ridge on the side of the Chassis.
11. *REPLACE LARGE STEERING DRIVE - Drop the New Large Steering Drive over the end of the Oscillator Sleeve. Line up the notch with the vertical ridge just under the Oscillator Sleeve. Angle the Large Steering Drive away for the Chassis initially to clear the end of the Oscillator Sleeve.
12. REINSTALL STAINLESS STEEL SHAFT - Reinsert the Stainless Steel Shaft into the Oscillator Sleeve. Note: This part is not available for replacement. Use the old Stainless Steel Shaft.
13. *REPLACE 2 SHAFT PLUGS - Replace the two shaft plugs on either end of the Stainless Steel Shaft.
14. REINSERT COG WHEEL - Drop the small white Cog Wheel in its place on top of the Chassis.
15. REATTACH SWIVEL HOUSING - With the Swivel inserted in the Swivel Housing, place the Swivel Housing on top of the Chassis. The four tabs on the bottom of the Housing should be over the four slots in the Chassis and the Clutch Clip should be over the Clutch Assembly Wheel. Press down on the Swivel Housing until it clicks. Check that all 4 tabs are engaged.
16. *REPLACE DRIVE SHAFT ASSEMBLY - Replace the Drive Shaft Assembly and secure it with the Sprocket Clip with the longer shaft.
17. *REPLACE CENTER SPROCKET - Replace the Center Sprocket above the other end of the Drive Shaft and secure it with the other Sprocket Clip (short shaft).
18. PLACE OUTER HOUSING ON VACUUM PAD - Position the Outer Housing over the Chassis and on the top of the Vacuum Pad.
19. ATTACH PAD ONTO OUTER HOUSING - Work the edge of the Vacuum Pad over the lip of the Outer Housing.
20. CLEANER IS READY - Check that you do not have any extra pieces that weren't installed. If not, your Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!