This instruction will help you to replace the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Cleaner Flapper.The only moving part in a Pentair Kreepy Krauly Cleaner is the Flapper just inside the throat of the Cleaner. With time the Flapper may become damaged or worn.
1. CHECK PARTS REQUIRED - The only part you will need to order is the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Cleaner FLAPPER.
2. LOCATE FLAPPER - Turn the Kreepy Krauly Cleaner on it back so you can see into the throat of the cleaner. At the bottom of the throat you will see the end of the Flapper. The newer ones are colored purple.
3. RELEASE BAFFLE PLATE - The Flapper is constrained by the Baffle Plate. To remove the Baffle Plate, lift the lip of the foot pad and insert a flat-headed screwdriver along side one of the two tabs on the Baffle Plate. Push the tab inward until the Baffle Plate releases.
4. REMOVE BAFFLE PLATE - Place a finger into the throat of the Baffle Plate and pull up until the Baffle Plate pops out.
5. CHECK FLAPPER - Inspect Flapper to see if it has been damaged. If it is intact, you can just replace it.
6. INSERT NEW FLAPPER - If the Flapper is damaged, place the new Flapper into the opening thin side first. It just lays in the bottom of the opening. Check that it move back and forth easily.
7. REPLACE BAFFLE PLATE - Snap the baffle plate back into place. Note that the nibs on the end of the baffle plate have to line up with the slots at the bottom side of the opening.
8. CHECK BAFFLE PLATE PLACEMENT - Pull up from the center of the baffle plate to make sure that the tabs on the top of the baffle plate engaged.
9. JIGGLE FLAPPER - Move the Flapper back and forth with your finger to make sure it still moves freely.
10. Your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Cleaner should now be fully functional.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!