This manual shows you the steps to take in replacing the Nautilus Brushes and Climbing Rings. If your Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Cleaner is not picking up the dirt and debris as effectively as it used to, it may be time to replace the Cleaner's Brushes. This cleaner has the option of using a Combined Brush with Climbing Rings incorporated into the ends of the brush to help climb the wall. If your Cleaner is not climbing the walls, it may be time to replace these rings with the brushes.
1. ORDER PARTS - The only parts you may be required for this procedure are two sets of Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Combined Brushes. This picture shows the pieces in one set of Combined Brushes.
2. REMOVE TRACKS - In order to remove the Combined Brushes, you will first have to remove the Cleaner's Tracks that are attached to the ends of each Brush. To remove these Tracks and later replace them, see our guide on "How To Replace Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Tracks".
3. SNAP OUT BRUSH ROLLER END - The Rollers are attached to the Cleaner with two slots in the frame of the Cleaner - one on each end of each roller. Pull one end of the Roller out of its slot. It will snap out.
4. LIFT OUT BRUSH ROLLER - Pull the other end of the Roller out of its slot and lift the Roller out of the Cleaner.
5. REMOVE ROLLER CAP - The Roller has a center tube. Using a flat screwdriver pry the small cap off one end of the Roller Tube.
6. REMOVE ROLLER TUBE - Pull the Roller Tube out of the Roller from the other end of the Roller.
7. REMOVE GEAR CAPS - Pry the Gear Caps off of each end of the Roller.
8. SOAK BRUSHES - If the Cleaner hasn't been used for a while, the Brushes and Climbing Rings may be dry and not pliable. Soak them in water until they are soft.
9. REMOVE CLIMBING RINGS - Carefully slide the Climbing Rings off the ends of each of the Rollers.
10. VIEW ROLLERS - This is what the Roller Brush looks like without the Climbing Rings.
11. REMOVE BRUSHES - The Brushes are wrapped around the Roller and held together at the edge with tabs pulled through holes. With a pair of pliers, pull these tabs out of their holes.
12. REPLACE BRUSHES - Wrap the new Brushes around the each roller and secure them by pulling the tabs through their respective holes. Don't pull too hard or you will break the tab off.
13. REPLACE CLIMBING RINGS - If the new Rings are hard, soak them until they are pliable. Slide a pair of rings on each end of the Rollers into the space provided.
14. REPLACE GEAR CAPS - Push the Gear Caps on each end of the Rollers. The Gear Caps are slotted and will only fit one way. Line up the Gear Caps correctly before inserting them into the Roller.
15. REPLACE ROLLER TUBES - Slide the Roller tubes into one end of each Roller.
16. REPLACE ROLLER CAP - Push the Roller Cap into the end of each of the Roller Tubes.
17. INSERT ROLLER BRUSH INTO SLOTS - Press the ends of the Roller Brush into their slots in the Cleaner frame. They should click in.
18. REPLACE TRACKS - The Tracks now have to be attached to the end of the Brush Rollers. See our guide on ""How To Replace Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Tracks" for further instructions.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!