Your Polaris ATV Suction Cleaner has two belts to drive the Cleaner's wheels. After years of use, these belts may be stretched or damaged to the point where they have to be replaced. This guide will help you to replace these two belts.
1. ORDER PARTS - The first step is to order the parts you will need. The only parts you may need for this procedure are the two Polaris ATV Suction Cleaner BELTS. They come together in one package.
2. REMOVE TOP HOUSING - The Top Housing is held on by two screws. With a Philips head screwdriver remove the two screws.
3. LIFT TOP HOUSING - Lift the Top Housing off of the top of the Polaris ATV Suction Cleaner.
4. REMOVE LOWER HOUSING - Turn the Cleaner over on its back. The Lower Housing is held on with three screws. Remove these screws with a Phillips head screwdriver.
5. LIFT LOWER HOUSING - Lift the Lower Housing off of the Cleaner to gain access to the belts.
6. REMOVE BIG BELT - Work the Big Belt off of the Wheel Gear by pushing it while rotating the Wheels. The belt should slip off the gear.
7. REMOVE SMALL BELT - Work the Small Belt off of the Wheel Gear by pushing it while rotating the Wheels. The belt should slip off the gear.
8. REMOVE WHEEL HUB CAPS - You will have to remove the Wheel Assemblies to pull the belts from the Cleaner. First remove the Hub Caps off of each of the 3 Wheels. Use a small screwdriver to pry the Hub Caps off at the slots provided.
9. REMOVE E-CLIPS - Pry the E-Clips off the Wheel shafts with a small screwdriver.
10. REMOVE WHEEL ASSEMBLIES - Pull each of the Wheel Assemblies off their Wheel shafts.
11. REMOVE BELTS - Lift the Big and Small Belts off of the Wheel Shafts.
12. PLACE NEW BELTS ON SHAFTS - Place the Small Belt around the single Wheel shaft. Place the Large Belt around the two shafts on the two Wheel side. Just place the Belts around the Wheels shafts. The Wheels have to be reattached before you can place the Belts on the cogs.
13. REPLACE WHEEL ASSEMBLIES - Place each of the Wheel Assemblies back onto the Wheel shafts. Make sure that the Wheel Bearings are set firmly into each end of the Wheel Assemblies. If a Wheel Bearing has popped out and you have to replace it, make sure the closed side of the Bearing in placed facing out so debris does not get into the Bearing.
14. REPLACE THE E-CLIPS - Snap on the E-Clips onto the groove in each end of the Wheel Assemblies to hold the Wheels in place. Note: If you don't see the groove on the end of the Wheel shaft, the shaft has been push out on the other end. Take a screwdriver and push on the other end of the shaft until you see the groove on the Wheel side of the shaft.
15. REPLACE HUB CAPS - Push each Hub Cap back onto the Wheel Assemblies. They should just snap on with a click.
16. REPLACE SMALL BELT - Slip the Small Belt onto the Wheel Gear and partially on the end of the Reverse Drive Mechanism. Work the Belt completely onto the Reverse Drive Mechanism by pushing the Belt on while turning the other Reverse Drive Mechanism.
17. ADJUST SMALL BELT TENSION - Adjust the placement of the single side Axle Block until there is a 1/4" deflection in the Small Belt.
18. POSITION BIG BELT - Place the Big Belt around the Cog Wheels as shown in the picture.
19. ENGAGE BIG BELT - Slip the Big Belt onto the Reverse Drive Mechanism and one of the Wheel Gears. Partially place the Big Belt onto the end of the other Wheel gear and work the Belt the rest of the way by pushing on the Belt while turning the Wheel Assembly.
20. ADJUST LARGE BELT TENSION - Adjust the placement of the Belt Tensioner until there is a 1/4" deflection in the Large Belt.
21. REPLACE THE LOWER HOUSING - Place the Lower Housing on the bottom of the Cleaner and secure it with the three screws.
22. TEST WHEELS - Rotate one of the Wheels to ensure that it and the other two wheels move through the gears.
23. REPLACE THE TOP HOUSING - Place the Top Housing on top of the Cleaner and secure it with the two screws.
24. REPAIR IS COMPLETE - Your Polaris ATV Suction Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!