The following steps will provide a guide on how to replace the GLX-PCB-DSP. The Display Board (GLX-PCB-DSP) for the Hayward Aqua Rite will occasionally fail. Most of the time this is due to an electrical surge.
1. TURN OFF THE POWER TO THE TIMER BOX. There should be a circuit breaker before the timer box where the power can be turned off.
2. Unlatch the lock and open the door to the Hayward Aqua Rite control box.
3. Using a 5/16" socket, remove the 2 screws that secure the cover panel to the box.
4. Pull the cover panel out of the Aqua Rite control box.
5. Pull the Display PCB off of the Main PCB. The GLX-PCB-DSP will simply lift right off of the Main PCB.
6. Install the new Display PCB (GLX-PCB-DSP). Make sure the long pins from the Main PCB match up with the holes on the Display PCB.
7. Place the control box panel into the control box.
8. Tighten the two cover screws with a 5/16" socket.
9. Turn on the power at the circuit breaker.
10. The "Power" light and the display should be illuminated if everything is operating correctly.
11. Close the door to the Hayward Aqua Rite and continue to enjoy the beneifits of your salt water pool.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!