This guide will take you step by step through replacing the Air Bleeder Assembly on your Pentair Triton 2 Sand Filter.With use, the Air Bleeder Assembly on your Pentair Triton 2 Sand Filter may be damaged and no longer function.
1. ORDER PARTS - Order an Air Bleeder Package to have it on hand to replace the damaged one. This picture shows the Air Bleeder Package together with the Pressure Gauge. We will only be replacing the Air Bleeder Package in this guide. As an option, you can also just purchase the Air Breeder Assembly without the Bass Adapter shown here as the second part of the Air Bleeder Package.
2. TURN OFF PUMP - Before you remove the broken Air Bleeder Assembly, make sure you TURN OFF the pool pump. For maximum safety turn off the power at the circuit breaker to the pump.
3. RELIEVE PRESSURE - Next you will have to relieve the pressure that builds up in the filter during operation. To relieve pressure turn the Air Bleeder valve on top of the filter counter-clockwise. Water may spray out initially as you see the pressure on the Pressure Gauge go to 0 psi.
4. REMOVE PRESSURE GAUGE - The Pressure Gauge is located on the end of the Air Bleeder Assembly on the Pentair Triton 2 Sand Filter. Twist the Gauge off in a counter-clockwise direction. If it does not turn easily, use an open end wrench on the brass nut at the base of the Gauge.
5. REMOVE AIR BLEEDER ASSEMBLY - Remove the Air Bleeder Assembly by rotating it off the Brass Adapter in a counter-clockwise direction. If you are also replacing the Brass Adapter, you will have to remove the Closure Top to unscrew the Brass Adapter from the underside of the Closure Top.
6. TAPE THREADS - Put 2-3 layers of plumber's Teflon tape on the threads of the Brass Adapter screwed on top of the Closure Top. Wrap the tape in a clockwise direction so it will stay on as you screw the Assembly on. If you are also replacing the Brass Adapter, tape and screw the Brass Adapter into the Closure Top first. You will have to remove the Closure Top to attach the Brass Adapter from the underside of the Closure Top. Washer and nut go below the Closure Top.
7. SCREW ON AIR BLEEDER ASSEMBLY - Screw the Air Bleeder Assembly into the Brass Adapter in a clockwise direction. Use an open end wrench to tighten the last 1/2 turn. Do not over tighten.
8. TAPE GAUGE THREADS - Put 2-3 layers of plumber's Teflon tape on the threads of the Pressure Gauge. Wrap the tape in a clockwise direction so it will stay on as you screw the Gauge on.
9. REATTACH THE PRESSURE GAUGE - Thread the Pressure Gauge into the new Air Bleeder Assembly in a clockwise direction. Use an open end wrench to tighten the last 1/2 turn. Do not over tighten.
10. TURN ON PUMP - Turn ON the power to the pump at the breaker box.
11. CLOSE BLEEDER VALVE - When a steady stream of water shoots out of the Air Bleeder Valve, close the Valve.
12. CHECK READING - Check the pressure reading on the Pressure Gauge. It should read about 10-15 psi. Also check for leaks around the fittings of the Air Bleeder Assembly.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!