This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing the Bumper and Flex Snaps on your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark Suction Cleaner. The Bumper is mounted with Flex Snaps on the top of the Outer Housing of the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark Suction Cleaner.
1. ORDER PARTS - The first step is to order the parts you will need. The only part required is the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark BUMPER KIT. The Bumper Kit includes the bumper and the two Flex Snaps required to secure the Bumper onto the Outer Housing.
2. PULL OFF VACUUM PAD - Carefully peel off the rubber Vacuum Pad over the lip of the Outer Housing. You might need to start with a screwdriver.
3. LIFT OUTER HOUSING - After the Vacuum Pad is completely off, you should be able to lift the Outer Housing straight up off the Chassis and Pad.
4. LOCATE FLEX SNAPS - Turn the Outer Housing over and locate the ends of the Flex Snaps.
5. RELEASE ENDS OF FLEX SNAPS - Using two pairs of needle-nose pliers, release the end of each Flex Snaps from the Outer Housing. It may be easier to have someone pulling on the Bumper while you are releasing the ends of the Flex Snaps.
6. PULL OFF BUMPER - Pull the Bumper and Flex Snaps away from the Outer Housing.
7. REPLACE FLEX SNAPS - If you only need to replace the Flex Snaps, do that now. Simply pull the old Flex Snaps off their posts and replace them with the new Flex Snaps.
8. REPLACE BUMPER - Turn the Outer Housing right side up and insert the Flex Snaps into the holes in the Outer Housing. Push the bumper down until you hear the Flex Snaps click into place. Check that each Flex Snap is securely in place.
9. PLACE OUTER HOUSING ON VACUUM PAD - Position the Outer Housing over the Chassis and on the top of the Vacuum Pad.
10. ATTACH PAD ONTO OUTER HOUSING - Work the edge of the Vacuum Pad over the lip of the Outer Housing.
11. CLEANER IS READY - Your Cleaner is ready for operation.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!