This guide explains you how to replace one or both of these tubes.The Pentair Kreepy Krauly Cleaner Drive Tube is part of the drive mechanism that propels the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Cleaner. Occasionally, one of these tubes will be damaged and will need to be replaced. Read the following steps:
1. REMOVE ROLLER BUMPER STRAP - Turn the Kreepy Krauly Cleaner on its back to remove the Roller Bumper Strap. Pull the top end of the Roller Bumper Strap out of the locking clip on the Swivel Head Assembly and extract the other end of the Roller Bumper Strap from the slot in the Body.
2. TWIST TUBES - The Drive Tubes are force fit into the Kreepy Krauly Cleaner Body and Swivel Head Assembly. To remove them twist each of the tubes slightly back and forth about 1/4 inch to work them out of the Body. This may take some effort especially if the Cleaner is older. Be Patient ! I'm holding the Cleaner down between my legs. It may be easier to have another person hold the Cleaner while you are twisting the Drive Tubes. Don't try to twist either Tube more than 1/4" back and forth or you chance breaking the Body or Swivel Head Assembly. You have to remove both Tubes at the same time. Generally they will come out of the Body first.
3. REMOVE TUBES FROM BODY - After working both Tubes with about 5 minutes of small back and forth twists, you should be able to free them from the Body.
4. TWIST TUBES OUT OF SWIVEL HEAD ASSEMBLY - Twist and pull the Tubes out of the Swivel Head Assembly.
5. NOTE ASSEMBLY - When you are putting the Tube(s) back into the Cleaner, be aware of the orientation of the other pieces. You don't want to pull this apart again. This picture shows the Cleaner on its back. Note that the Float on the Swivel Head Assembly in down and that the Dive Float is below the Tubes.
6. MARK TUBES - Look inside the Swivel Head Assembly and the Body to see how far in the Tubes must be inserted. Then mark that distance on the ends of the new Tubes to show you when the Tubes are all the way in.
7. PUSH-TWIST TUBES INTO SWIVEL HEAD ASSEMBLY - Using a twisting motion, push each of the new Tubes into the Swivel Head Assembly until you reach each mark. Try dipping the ends of the Tubes in water to help twist them on.
8. PUSH-TWIST TUBES INTO BODY - Now using small 1/4" twists, ALTERNATELY push each of the Tubes back into the Body until you reach their marks. Note. Here's an example of the Dive Float on the wrong side of the Tubes. The Dive Float should be under the Tubes when the Cleaner is on its back.
9. CHECK ASSEMBLY - Make sure that the assembled Cleaner looks like this. If not, you will have to pull the Tubes out again and reassemble the Cleaner.
10. REATTACH ROLLER BUMPER STRAP - Reattach the Roller Bumper Strap as it was in Step 1.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!