This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing a broken Impeller. Over time a hard piece of debris may get into the input port of your Maytronics Dolphin Triton Pool Cleaner and crack or break its Impeller.
1. ORDER PARTS - The only part you will require for this procedure is the Maytronics Dolphin Triton Impeller.
2. UNSCREW IMPELLER COVER - The Impeller is positioned directly under the Impeller Cover. To access the Impeller you will have to remove the Impeller Cover by unscrewing the two screws that secure it.
3. LIFT OFF IMPELLER COVER - The Impeller Cover is in flush with the Cover Assembly. You may need to use a small screwdriver to gently pry it out of the Assembly.
4. UNSCREW IMPELLER - The Impeller is secured with a single screw. Remove this screw with a Phillips head screwdriver. Do not use a power drill.
5. LIFT OFF IMPELLER - Pull the Impeller straight up. Be careful with the Impeller blades. They are sharp. If the Impeller was broken and there are missing pieces from the fins, remove these pieces before installing the new Impeller.
6. INSTALL NEW IMPELLER - Place the new Impeller onto the shaft with the slotted side down and screw it down manually. DO NOT over tighten.
7. REPLACE IMPELLER COVER - Place the new Impeller Cover into the top of the Cover Assembly. Work it around the Floating Cord connection first then lay the other end down. Make sure the Cover is flush with the Cover Assembly.
8. SECURE THE IMPELLER COVER - Screw in the two screws to secure the Impeller Cover. Hand tighten with a manual screwdriver. DO NOT over tighten.
9. CLEANER IS READY - That's all there is to replacing the Impeller. Your Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!