In this guide you will learn how to replace Letro Sweep Tail Scrubber if yours has become damaged or dysfunctional.The Letro Pool Cleaner Sweep Tail is the water agitator on the back end of your unit. It has the dual purpose of kicking up debris on the bottom of you pool to make it easier to clean and also the steel wool type scrub material at the end of the tail acts as scrubber.
1. First, disconnect your cleaner from its water port and hose, and set the hose to the side until tail scrubber installation is complete.
2. The Letro Legend Sweep Tail is the length of hose located under the float head. Replacement Letro Pool Cleaner Hose Sweep part #: 3280-12, Hose Sweep - Gray part #: 3280-108
3. To disconnect the Sweep Tail Scrubber from the Letro Pool Cleaner's Feed Pipe, locate the clamp on the sweep tail's feed hose side, while gripping clamp as shown in this picture move one side to the 12 O'clock position and the opposite side to the 6 O'clock position. Continue doing this until the clamp's teeth are unbound then remove from hose. Replacement Letro Pool Cleaner Feed Mast part #: 3280-04, Feed Hose Clamp part #: 3280-41P
4. With the clamp off the connection, slide the old sweep tail off the feed pipe nozzle and discard old scrubber. Replacement Letro Pool Cleaner Hose Sweep part #: 3280-12, Hose Sweep - Gray part #: 3280-108
5. Now to install the new Letro Pool Cleaner Sweep Tail, first you may want to moisten the end of the nose hose connection with a solution of water and dish soap to make it easier to fit over feed pipe nozzle. After applying solution simply connect hose to feed pipe.
6. To secure the Sweep Tail to the Letro Feed Pipe, apply the clamp to the connect by the opposite sides of the clamp, in a 12-6 motion and sliding over hose. Once around pinch clamp until it tight on the hose connection. Replacement Letro Pool Cleaner Feed Mast part #: 3280-04, Feed Hose Clamp part #: 3280-41P
7. Once you have applied the clamp you check to be sure your new Letro Pool Cleaner Sweeper Tail is securely tightened to your cleaner, if you find no issues, you may resume operation of your pool cleaner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!