1. First turn off your booster pump and disconnect from the dedicated pressure cleaner line from pool port, then remove your cleaner from the pool.
2. Disconnect the Letro Pool Cleaner Feed Hose by unscrewing the locking nut and pulling up and off the nozzle. Unscrew the Letro Cleaner Float as well. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Feed Hose Complete w/ Back Up Valve part #: 3280-67
3. Remove the Letro Cleaner Sweep Tail from the feed pipe. While gripping the clamp as shown in this picture move one side to the 12 O'clock position and the opposite side to the 6 O'clock position. The clamp's teeth should unlock and release its hold. Replacement Letro Legend Cleaner Sweeper Tail part #: 3280-12, Hose Clamp part #: 3280-41P
4. To remove the Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Bag rotate the plastic cuff ounterclockwise until the vacuum tube posts are are free, as pictured and pull up. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Bag part #: 3280-182
5. Remove the debris valve from the top of the vacuum tube. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Debris Valve part #: 3280-21
6. Remove the vacuum tube posts at this point. These must be removed or the cleaner top cover will not fit over the vacuum tube.Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Vacuum Tube Posts part #: 3280-62
7. Turn the cleaner onto its side. To remove the Letro Legend Pool Cleaner housing there are 5 points that need to be unscrewed. These points are highlighted in the picture. Once these parts are remove the housing can be taken off cleaner and placed to the side/ Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Top Cover, Gray part #: 3280-100, Bottom Cover, White part #: 3280-031
8. The inside of your cleaner should look like this. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Main Frame part #: 3280-022
9. Pictured in this step are the highlighted pieces - feed mast support screw, hose clamp, and flow adjustment screw hole. These must be removed before the old feed mast can be discarded.
10. After those two anchor points are relieved the only piece holding the feed mast in place is its base. To unseat the Letro Pool Cleaner Feed Mast, the base must be turned clockwise until the hitches align with the gaps allowing it to be removed.
11. Discard old Letro Legend Cleaner Feed Mast.
12. Before setting the feed mast into the the cleaner, connect it to the feed mast turbine spout; then secure with clamp.(FYI, The water system hose is responsible for directing water to the turbine which controls the movement of your Letro Pool Cleaner.)
13. Insert the new feed mast into the base and twist counter-clockwise until locked into position.
14. Near the top of the feed mast there is the connection for the vacuum tube support screw. Insert and tighten screw, this will provide a solid base in the next step when tightening the Letro Pool Cleaner Feed Hose Clamp.
15. Near the top of the feed mast there is the connection for the vacuum tube support screw. Insert and tighten screw, this will provide a solid base in the next step when tightening the Letro Pool Cleaner Feed Hose Clamp.
16. Now you may screw in the adjustment nozzle and attach the float. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner part #: 3280-17, Adjujustment Screw part #: 3280-15, Adjustment Screw Stainless Steel part #: 3286-019
17. To secure the Sweeper Tail to the Letro Legend Feed Mast, connect the tail to the mast then slide the clamp over the house and spout. Once around the hose, pinch the clamp to tighten as needed to the spout. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Feed Mast part #: 3280-04, Clamp part #: 3280-41P
18. Connect the Letro Legend Feed Hose to the feed mast's top spout and fasten using the locking nut. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Feed Hose Complete w/ Back Up Valve part #: 3280-67
19. Once you have attached the feed hose do one last inspection for any parts that look or feel out of place. If you do not find any lingering issues then you may resume operation of your Letro Legend Pool Cleaner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!