Follow this guide to figure out how to replace a Tube Assembly. The Hayward Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Wheel Tube Assembly is the component of the cleaner that does the scrubbing of your pool's walls and floor. If this part is damaged your cleaner will not operate effectively.
1. In preparation of replacing your Hayward Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Wheel Tube Assembly, you will need to remove the Tiger Shark Handle, locate the screws on each arm pivot and extract. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Drive Belt part #: 3276-050, Handle part #: 3276-078
2. Next, turn your pool cleaner on its side to remove the Tiger Shark bottom lid assembly. This is done unfastening the locking clips on each side of the bottom panel, then using the bar between the vents as a grip, lifting up and out. At this point you can check the condition of your Tiger Shark cleaner filter cartridge to see if it requires changing, we have a "How to" on replacing that as well. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Locking Plate part #: 3276-074, Bottom Lid part #: 3276-072
3. Having removed the Tiger Shark pool cleaner cartridge filter you should be seeing the Hayward Tiger Shark cleaner motor as shown in the picture, on either side Tiger Shark cleaner's motor housing wall you will see six screws. To dismount the side panel, remove these screws. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Side Cover Screws part #; 3276-031
4. Next is actually removing the cleaner's side cover from its supports, you may need to use a flat-head screwdriver to help loosen its grip.
5. This is what a Hayward Tiger Shark pool cleaner's drive belt and drive shaft should look like once the side cover is removed. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Drive Belt part #: 3276-050, Drive Pulley part #: 3276-053, Guide Bearing part #: 3276-051, Idler Bearing part #: 3276-052
6. Remove the two Idler Bearings that flank the Hayward Tiger Shark's drive shaft first, doing this will make it easier to remove the belt from the wheel tube in the next step. Replacement Tiger Shark Wheel Tube Assembly part #: 3276-054, Idler Bearing part #: 3276-052
7. Remove the Tiger Shark Cleaner Drive Belt from around the wheel tubes and drive shaft. After a quick inspection of the Tiger Shark cleaner Drive, Guide, Idler and Roller bearings, you can place to side. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Wheel Tube Bearings part #: 3276-056, Tiger Shark Wheel Tube part #: 3276-055, Tiger Shark Brush part #: 3276-057
8. As the Hayward Tiger Shark Wheel Tube Assembly is free at one end at this stage, you can slide it off the drive belt and support post from the opposite side of the cleaner. Once removed you can discard the old assembly. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Wheel Tube Assembly part #: 3276-054
9. At this time take the new wheel assembly and slide it onto the post and slide the drive belt treads into the slots of the Wheel Tube Bearing. Replacement Tiger Shark Cleaner Wheel Tube Bearing part #: 3276-056
10. Before going to the next step inspect your progress so far to be certain everything is secure and in place before reassembling the Hayward Tiger Shark Cleaner
11. Installing the drive belt is the same operation as taking it off but in reverse. Place the belt around the roller tubes and drive shaft, then to tighten up the slack and complete the installation insert the idler wheels onto their posts. Make sure the notches and the base of the post are locked into the groove on the bottom of the Idler bearing.
12. Reinstall the side cover, securing with the screws on the inside of the unit. Tighten screw then place in the Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Cartridge and Bottom Lid Assembly, the last thing to install before resuming operation is the cleaner's handle. Inspect your Hayward Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner one last time for any issues, you may return to enjoying a clean pool.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!