If your Dolphin Advantage Pool Cleaner is not operating in a desired fashion (i.e. not climbing walls, or not able to gain traction on pool floor) you can replace the tracks on your unit by following the simple step-by-step instructions provided in this guide:
1. Place your Dolphin Advantage Pool Cleaner upside down so you are able to reach the Bottom Lid Assembly (BLA). Delete sentence [At this point you should be seeing your Dolphin pool cleaner from that vantage point,] On either side of the unit you will see a yellow clip holding the bottom into place. Release these clips and carefully lift the BLA of the unit, and place it to the side.
2. At this point you should be able to see clearly down into the belly of the Dolphin Advantage Pool Cleaner, where the motor is housed. On each side of the cleaner housing there are 3 screws, (6 screws total) that will need to be removed to gain access to the side panel. For easier access you may want to remove the motor's protective.
3. In cases in which removing the motor unit is necessary, first remove the screws on the tabs of the screen that attach the screen to the housing.
4. Slide the screen up and the mounting slots and place screen to the side. To remove the Dolphin motor you will need to remove the Dolphin motor mount screws that are mounted on the outside of the unit sidled next to the handle assembly, that step is picture to the right.
5. After removing all the screws from the inside, you can then unseat the aqua green side panel. This may be a little tricky to get a hold of, so you might use a flat-head screwdriver to gently pop the panel off its moorings.
6. After removing all the screws from the inside you can then unseat the side panel, this may be a little tricky to get a hold of, so using a flat-head screwdriver to gently pop the panel off its moorings.
7. Side panel removed - This is what you should be seeing from your point of view before we move forward.
8. Before removing the track from the Dolphin Pool Cleaner you will first need to slide off the two Guide Wheels that maintain the track's position on the roller. After removing the guides, take a chance to inspect the wheels and to be sure they spin freely and are not cracked or damaged in any way. Replacement Guide Wheel, part#: 3295-454
9. Next you will remove the Pulley Bearing, this is the guide that is connected to the motor shaft, after removing once again inspect the roller to be sure there is no undue wear and tear. Replacement Dolphin Advantage Cleaner Pulley part#: 3295-199.
10. With the guides and pulley removed, the track should be free and clear to be taken off the brush rollers. Simply slip the track off the grooved edges of the rollers.
11. After old track is removed from the Dolphin, re-install the pulley. Once that is in place you may begin to retread the rollers with the new track. Snake the tread around the roller then around the pulley. Replacement Dolphin Advatange Track part #: 3295-299.
12. Once the track is secure around the pulley, you may insert the guide wheels on their mounts. Be sure that the notched ends are faced down and locked on the grooves to the side of the unit.
13. Once the new track is in place and the pulley and guide wheels have been reinstalled, you may screw the side cover back into position. If you removed the motor to access tthe pool cleaner's inner screws, it would be best to save that until you have securely fastened the side panels to avoid any issues with space while trying to maneuver tools inside the unit.
14. When placing the motor back in the unit be sure that it is sitting in the mount brackets snugly before screwing item into place, brackets are pictured to the left. When mounting the motor onto the brackets, align and insert the motor shaft into the slotted pulley drive.
15. With motor secure, slide the filter screen back onto its guides and secure to housing. Check to make sure there are no loose or out of place screw before going any further.
16. After you complete track installation you can insert bottom lid assembly, fasten the yellow clips and continue use of your cleaner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!