Part 3. This guide shows you how to install the floor Padding and corner coving in your Above Grozxund Pool. We assume that you have completed Part 2 - erecting the pool wall. These instructions may vary according to your pool model so consult your owner's manual for any variations.
1. This guide assumes that you have already purchased a ground padding and coving pieces. You will also need to have purchased sand for a base. We recommend using a durable Gorilla Pad for your ground padding to protect your lining against grass and stones that may work their way up to the surface of the ground. There is no product that will protect against some weeds like nutgrass. These can be avoided by proper treatment of the ground upon which you pool is installed. We also recommend using styrofoam coving in the corner of your pool. You need a 6" wedge in the bottom edge of your pool to distribute the pressure of the water away from the bottom edge. You can build up a 6" wedge of sand but this type of wedge is subject to erosion and animal damage.
2. Lay about 2"-3" of sand at the base of your pool.
3. Unfold the Gorilla Pad and lay it TAG DOWN over the sand. The Gorilla Pad in precut for the size of your pool so will not require trimming. It will be about 6" larger in diameter that the pool so that it will overlap the coving. Spread the Gorilla Pad evenly to minimize the wrinkles.
4. Place your styrofoam coving sections around the bottom edge of the pool. These come with a sticky backing or clips to hold the pieces against the wall. Duct tape the joints where the ends of the coping come together. Also duct tape the entire top seam of the coving.
5. Overlap the Gorilla Pad over the coving.
6. Click to go to Part 4 - Installing an Overlap Pool Liner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!