Keep reading our guide to learn which one of the Bromine products is perfect for you.
Bromine is just as effective as chlorine at eliminating harmful, illness-causing germs in spa water when used in the correct amounts. However, it can be less irritating to the body than chlorine. Bromine also has the added advantage of increased stability in higher temperatures and wider pH ranges than chlorine. As a result, as conditions in your hot tub fluctuate, bromine will last longer as an effective sanitizer. For your convenience, we’ve made a review for you and found 8 of the best spa sanitizers on the market.
1. Spa Choice 472-3-3001 Bromine Tabs for Spas and Hot Tubs, 1.5-Pounds
Spa Choice Bromine Tabs fit in most spa feeders and floaters to continuously sanitize your spa or hot tub. Bromine is a powerful and effective sanitizer like chlorine, but it is odorless and less irritating to your skin and eyes. Spa Choice bromine tabs are "pre-stabilized," so your water is silky smooth without using a stabilizer or conditioner.
- Sanitizer for Spas and Hot Tubs
- Bromine is an alternative to chlorine as a way to sanitize spa or hot tub water
- Bromine does not give off much of an odor compared to chlorine
- Bromine yields silky smooth water
- Downloadable User Guide Available Under Product Information: Technical Specifications
Kick off your shoes, throw on some shades, and head for the hot tub! Work less to keep your backyard spa or hot tub in tip-top shape with Leisure Time Spa Disinfectant Brom Tablets. These low-odor hot tub chemicals are meant to keep your spa looking clean, clear, and odor-free.
- Contains 10 percent more active sanitizer than BCMDH for a cleaner spa
- Ideal for floating spa feeders because Brom tabs are 2. 5 times more soluble than BCDMH
- Builds a faster bromine residual for easy spa startup
- Power Source Type: Manual
3. [5 lbs] Bromine Tablets for Hot Tubs & Spas Brominating Tabs
These bromine tablets for hot tub are very effective because they contain 98% active ingredients. Regular use helps kill bacteria and disinfect the pool and spa. These tablets are slow dissolving and last longer. They appropriately distribute bromine in water and leave behind no bad odor making the pool water look and feel good. The large tablet container comes with a tight lid that keeps the tablets stay fresh for more than a year. The only thing to consider is that the container often gets tossed in storage and delivery which results in broken tablets and a waste of money.
- 5 lb. bucket 1-1/4" Brominating Tabs
- Compare our higher 98% active ingredient to any other brand
- No strong chlorine odor like other brands!
- Large, easy-access child resistant lid
- Stays fresh longer than larger pails
4. Clorox Spa Brominating Tablets
This product is a highly effective sanitizer for your spa or hot tub. Clorox spa brominating tablets do not require the use of a stabilizer and the product does not produce the chlorine odor associated with other sanitizers.
- Slow dissolving sanitizing tablets
- Reduces growth of bacteria
- For use in spa floater
- No assembly required
5. Spa Selections Bromine Tabs for Spas and Hot Tubs - 2 Pack
Spa Selections Bromine Tablets will allow you to enjoy sparkling clean hot tub water without the odor of combined chlorine. These tabs not only disinfect and sanitize hot tub and spa water, but they also create a soft water feel for maximum relaxation. Bromine, unlike chlorine, is effective over a wider pH range, it has less odor, and it won't bleach bathing suits. Best of all, Spa Selections Bromine Tablets fit all floater! In addition to changing hot tub water every 90 days (or more frequently with higher use), proper sanitary practices include shocking the spa after every use – especially if there are several bathers within a 24-hour period. Do not re-enter treated spas when the water has bromine levels above 8 ppm as this could cause bodily injury.
- Bromine tablets disinfect hot tub and spa water without the smell of chlorine bleach
- Enjoy sparkling clean water with low odor and a soft water feel
- Bromine shock is effective over a wider pH range and won't irritate eyes or bleach bathing suits
- These bromine tablets for hot tubs fit all floaters
- Two pack is 3.6 lb
Natural Chemistry Spa Bromine Tablets are the best way to activate the bromine reserve in your spa or hot tub, which sanitizes your system against bacteria, algae, and other organic contaminants. Simply add these tablets to your spas floating tablet feeder or automatic brominator for complete protection while avoiding messy liquids that require measuring. Best of all, Spa Bromine Tablets don't give off any foul chemical odors to take away from your relaxing soak like some competing products do. Natural Chemistry has been an industry innovator in harnessing the power of natural compounds and enzymes to clean your pools and spas for almost 20 years, allowing you to buy with confidence.
- The best way to activate the bromine reserve in your spa or hot tub
- Sanitizes your system against bacteria, algae, and other organic contaminants
- Tablets don't give off any foul chemical odors
7. In The Swim 1" Inch Pool and Spa Bromine Tablets
In The Swim pool and spa bromine tablets do not add cyanuric acid stabilizer to the water, and bromine has a much softer odor than chlorine. It is also less affected by swings in temperature and pH levels, and bromamines are still active sanitizers. Moreover, bromides can be reactivated into bromine simply by shocking your pool or spa.
- Each tab weighs 0.5oz
- Produces no chlorine odor and makes water soft and smooth
- 61% available bromine and 27% available chlorine
- Kills germs and prevents algae growth
8. Spa Selections 86256 Bromine Tablets Pool Shock for Spas and Hot Tubs, 1.5 lbs
These bromine tablets will provide a sanitizing shock to your pool system, ensuring that the water in your spa or hot tub is clean and feels great. Ideal for using with brominating systems and floaters, this hot tub care chemical will help you enjoy soaking in your spa all year long.
- This brominating pool shock sanitizer helps create a soft water feel in your spa or hot tub
- Apply tablets to water using floater
- Use with bromine sanitizing systems
- Low odor; Fits all floaters
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!