Most likely, your pool is such a popular place to be and it's essential that you keep the entire area sparkling clean year-round. Swimming pools need near constant attention. You know that you are super vigilant about maintenance, but do you take the time to clean your pool tiles as well? If the tiles aren’t maintained, they can become stained or covered in buildup. Moreover, it’s so disgusting when your hand brushes over a slimy tile.
Swimming pools need to be cleaned a minimum of once per week, depending on usage. Slacking off on taking care of your swimming pool can have serious consequences. Improper cleaning can cause swimmers to experience discomfort on their skin and in their eyes. They are also more likely to sustain an infection when injured or from the pathogens in the water.
Fortunately, you can take a quick, easy solution to clean the tile and bring it back to its original luster.
There are different cleaning products sold specifically for cleaning pool tile. To rid your tile of calcium buildup, look for stain erasers made from soft abrasives that remove the hard substance from your tile. For concrete pools, you can use a wet pumice stone on the wet tile for a similar effect. Other tile cleaning products are chemical-based and can dissolve calcium scale or buildup when applied directly to the dirty tile.
Today we’ll take a closer look at Tile & Vinyl Cleaners for pools. It’s an effective chemical agent, which works great to help remove oils and grease build up around the water line, or on furniture, skimmers, diving boards and slides. Pool Cleaner won’t affect pool chemistry.
Keep reading the reviews about tile cleaners for pool to learn more about the 7 best in the market today:
1. SeaKlear Thick Tile & Vinyl Cleaner, 1 Quart Bottle
SeaKlear Thick Tile & Vinyl Cleaner comes in a thick formula that clings to brushes or sponges making it perfect for the stains that need a little extra scrubbing. It easily loosens and removes scum lines, polishes grout, and gets rid of dull films on all types of surfaces. It is an ideal cleaner for acrylic hot tub surfaces.
- Removes oil and scum
- Removes oil and scum
- Easy application means less time scrubbing
- Made in the United States
- Removes oil and scum lines
- Safe for acrylic surfaces; cleans grout lines
- Removes dull films; use weekly or as needed
- Apply with a brush, soft cloth or sponge
- Allow cleaner to work for one to two minutes, and rinse thoroughly with water
2. EasyCare Beautec Pool Tile Cleaner
If you are looking for the best pool tile cleaner, the EasyCare Beautec Pool Tile Cleaner is the way to go. This is a great solution for new pool startups and provides long-term protection for your pool tiles. This pool tile cleaner does a really good job in controlling calcium deposits to 1000 parts per million and metals and silicates to 300 ppm.
This product definitely makes a huge difference in reducing the mineral content in pool tiles. We like the fact that it also acts as a protector and prevents calcium buildup in the future. This pool tile cleaner is definitely one of a kind and does a good job in both cleaning and protecting. It works even better with a good scrub brush.
- One bottle provides 12 months protection per 10,000 gallons
- Descales and protects salt cell chlorinators without acid cleaning
- Controls calcium to 1000 ppm, all metals, and silicates to 300 ppm
- Salt pool friendly
- Contains no metals, bromides, or quats
3. ProTeam Tile & Vinyl Cleaner
ProTeam Tile & Vinyl Cleaner is a great way to remove any nasty scale, oils and other contaminant buildup from your pool's tile and vinyl surfaces. Its powerful liquid formula does all the work without needing the extensive hand scrubbing that lesser products require, saving you hours of time. Because its formula is non-abrasive, it can safely be used on delicate pool surfaces, such as tile and vinyl, without fear of damage. Best of all, this product will not affect your pool's water chemistry, and is made right here in the USA to ensure the highest quality, allowing you to buy with confidence.
- Easy to use, no scrubbing required
- Will lift dirty film, suntan oil, baked on calcium deposits
- Leaves a microscopic protective layer
- 2 Pack
4. Elevate Essential Pumice Stone for Pool Tile
For those who want the best way to clean pool tile, the Elevate Essential Pumice Stone Tile Cleaner is great. These large pumice sticks measure 3 by 3 by 6 inches and are the perfect size for cleaning swimming pool tiles. These pumice sticks are shaped for hard-to-fit areas and tight places.
It works great at cleaning lime and mineral deposits from pool tiles and also is used to remove stains and build-up on hard surfaces. They even work great on sinks, bathtubs, and toilets and work great at cleaning up pool tiles effortlessly. Finally, they do a great job in removing hard water rings, rust, paint, and lime build-up.
- Measures 3in x3in x 6in - These Pool Blocks are the right size for the job when cleaning swimming pool tiles
- The abrasive action makes lime, alkalis and hard water rings disappear
- This Pumice Pool Tile Cleaning block will help you swimming pool regain its shine again.
- Get your swimming pool tiles clean and ready for the summer
- REMOVES RUST AND PAINT
5. Bio-Dex QT032 Quick'n Thick Tile and Vinyl Liner Cleaner
For sparkling tile and a vinyl liner looking like new, apply the Bio-Dex QT032 Quick'n Thick Tile and Vinyl Liner Cleaner directly from the bottle or dilute it up to 50 parts of water to 1 part solution for lighter cleanings. Recommended UseWear rubber gloves. Apply solution to sponge, brush, or directly to the affected area. Scrub until the affected area is clean and rinse thoroughly.
- Can be used on pool equipment, vinyl liners, and spas.
- Removes soil and dirt.
- Fume Free and safe to use around pets.
- Not Flammable or Carcinogenic.
6. GLB TLC
GLB TLC removes oil, grime and mineral scale from common pool surfaces such as tile, vinyl, and concrete. This extra-strength, concentrated thick formula clings to upright surfaces longer for more effective cleaning power. Abrasive applicators are not necessary with this cleaner, just use a soft sponge or cloth. TLC is compatible with chlorine, bromine, ozone and biguanide sanitizers, as well as salt-water pools.
- Compatible with chlorine, salt water chlorine, bromine, ozone and biguanide sanitizing systems
- Removes oil, grime and mineral scale from common pool surfaces such as tile, vinyl and concrete
- Thick, concentrated formula clings to upright surfaces longer for more effective cleaning power
- 2 Pack
7. Arrow Spark-Pool Tile Cleaner
The Arrow Spark-L is a nice little pool tile cleaner that is specifically designed to treat tile lines and keep your tiles safe. The Spark-L tile cleaner is quite concentrated so you only need to apply a small amount to your scrub brush. You don’t really need to scrub that hard for all this solution to be effective.
It definitely does a great job in dissolving dirt, debris, and calcium build-ups and deposits. After using the Arrow Spark-L just one time, you will feel a noticeable difference in the quality of your pool tiles. This product is pretty cheap and can be used for a long time. Just be sure not to use them on anything but pool tiles or it may cause unexpected damage.
- Cuts Through Grease, Dirt and Grime
- Removes Water-Line Stains
- Easy to Use, Safe, Non-Toxic
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!