Despite the fact that the maintenance of a pool requires a lot of work, you want to make sure that you’re taking the best care of your water, to reduce the amount of time and energy you have to spend adding chemicals. That’s where pool stabilizer comes in. Its purpose is to stabilize the chlorine in your pool water, so the sanitizer lasts longer. This will ultimately help keep your water clean for a longer period of time. In this guide, we’ll discuss the chlorine stabilizers.
Pool stabilizer is also sometimes called pool conditioner, chlorine stabilizer, or cyanuric acid (CYA).
So, what is a Cyanuric acid? - It is a pool stabilizer that helps you keep more chlorine in your pool, meaning a cleaner pool and having to buy less chlorine. Many chlorine tablets contain cyanuric acid, but it’s important not to have too little or too much of it in your pool to avoid both overuse of chlorine and damaging your pool.
Reading this guide will help you determine which pool stabilizer is for you. For your convenience, we’ve pulled together our list of the best ones!
1. Pool Mate 1-2604B Swimming Pool Stabilizer and Conditioner
Pool Mate Chlorine Stabilizer and Conditioner will cut chlorine loss caused by sunlight. Customers save money when they use Pool Mate Chlorine Stabilizer and Conditioner. If you use Pool Mate Chlorine Stabilizer and Conditioner, you can cut chlorine consumption by up to 25%. Pool Mate Chlorine Stabilizer and Conditioner will help sustain ongoing chlorine residual. Add this product to your pool in the spring and you will improve chlorine effectiveness all season long. This product disperses rapidly to establish a chlorine protection quickly. It stabilizes pool water and extends the life of the sanitizer.
- Increases Cyanuric Acid Level
- Decreases Chlorine Loss due to Sunlight
- Reduce Chlorine Consumption up to 25%
- Contains 100% Cyanuric Acid
- Improves the effectiveness of chlorine
2. 10 lbs PuriTech Stabilizer Conditioner Cyanuric Acid UV Protection for Swimming Pools and Spas
This product is ideal if you have a saltwater pool, as it comes in sizes ranging from 3 lbs to 25lbs. You can buy in bulk to ensure that you always have plenty of pool stabilizer on-hand, and save big!
Protects your chlorine levels from the sun. Improves the effectiveness of chlorine. Uv protection for swimming pools & spas. Raises pool or spa cyan level. 100% cyanuric acid.
- New resalable bag design allows chemicals to be easy to store & use!
-Active ingredient is Cyanuric Acid 100%
- Cyanuric acid helps protect chlorine in pool water from dissipation caused by sunlight. Use if intense sunlight causes difficulty in maintaining a chlorine residual.
- Add 1 lb to raise 10ppm per 10,000 Gallons
3. Clorox Pool&Spa 12004CLX Chlorine Stabilizer
Clorox Pool&Spa Chlorine Stabilizer protects your pool's chlorine from the sun's harsh UV rays so your chlorine lasts much longer. Protecting your chlorine from burning off with a chlorine stabilizer means longer lasting sanitization, so you don't have to apply as much product to your pool. Chlorine Stabilizer is ideal for new pools, saltwater pools, and pools that use chlorinating liquid.
- Helps chlorine last longer
- Reduces sun's impact on chlorine
- Perfect for salt pools, new pools and pools that use liquid chlorine
- For best results, use with the Clorox Pool App
- Power Source Type: Manual
4. Blue Wave Swimming Pool Stabilizer
Reduces chlorine consumption by up to 25%. 3-1/3 cups) per 10,000 gallons. Dosage of 1-2/3 lbs. (Approx. Pre-conditions your pool water to make chlorine last longer. While it’s adding new product lines all the time, splashnet xpress already handles pool maintenance items, toys and games, cleaning and maintenance devices, solar products, and aboveground pools. About splashnet xpress splashnet xpress is dedicated to providing consumers with safe, high-quality pool products delivered in a fast and friendly manner. Contains iso-cyanuric acid. . Your partner in pool maintenance, the blue wave swimming pool stabilizer reduces chlorine consumption by up to 25%. This pool stabilizer re-conditions pool water to make chlorine last longer. Available in a variety of sizes.
- Pre-conditions your pool water
- Extends the effectiveness of chlorine; cuts consumption by 25%
- Use at pool start-up time
5. BioGuard Stabilizer 100
BioGuard Stabilizer 100 is granular, totally soluble and prevents free chlorine residual loss due to sunlight. Apply it by feeding very slowly through your pool's skimmer. Stabilizer 100 reduces maintenance costs and chlorinating product consumption. 100% cyanuric acid pH 4.8 Prevents chlorine loss due to sunlight Reduces chlorine consumption and maintenance cost Improves efficiency of chlorine generators Test and add Use only in outdoor, chlorinated pools
- BioGuard Stabilizer 100 (1.75lb)
- New Packaging. Same Great Product.
- Prevents free chlorine loss due to sunlight
- Improves efficiency of chlorine generators
- Reduces chlorine consumption
6. HTH 67154 Stabilizer Pods Balancer for Swimming Pools
The HTH Stabilizer helps protect and extend the life of chlorine in your swimming pool. If you’re using an unstable chlorinator, adding stabilizer separately can help slow down the effects of direct sunlight on the chlorine levels in your pool. Pods make pool care easier than ever with a pod liner that dissolves immediately. HTH Stabilizer can be added to the skimmer to help keep your CYA levels between 20 and 40 ppm and your free available chlorine levels between 1 and 4 ppm for healthy swimming. This pool care chemical is great for all pool types including vinyl-lined pools and saltwater pools.
- Makes sure your chlorine levels are optimal for longer, even in direct sunlight, so you can enjoy splashing in the water all season long in healthy water
- Apply with a skimmer for easy DIY pool care; For best results, use with other HTH pool care products
- Great for all pool types including vinyl-lined pools and saltwater systems
- Extends chlorine life; Defends pool water from changes sunlight has on the pool chemicals; Resealable bag; Pre-measured; Water-soluble
- Includes one 4-lb pouch of eight pods containing stabilizer pool chemicals for your swimming pool water
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!