Do you have green and cloudy pool water? You could have an algae bloom, a common problem plaguing many pool owners with unbalanced water chemistry. Algae is more likely to grow in warm temperatures, low chlorine levels, and high phosphate and nitrogen levels.
In chemistry terms, phosphate is a phosphorous molecule bound to four oxygen molecules. More importantly for you (and your pool water), algae and other aquatic plants depend on phosphorous to grow—and they don't need much of it either.
Keeping your pool's chemicals balanced can be a challenge, but it's important for your pool's hygiene. Then you ask yourself how to get rid of high phosphate levels? - The Phosphate Remover is a good solution! Products like PhosFree break down phosphates in the water. Phosphates are the primary food source for algae. Without food, algae can’t survive.
Possibly the most apparent benefit of phosphate removers is that many have the capability to lower your swimming pool’s phosphate levels to almost nothing.
Many phosphate remover products are compatible with sanitizers, pool surfaces, and filters, but definitely check your specific brand and product before use. It’s also beneficial to know that many phosphate removers are also non-toxic. Some of these phosphate remover products can even clean the filter and waterline, too.
As opposed to other pool products (like chlorine shock), you’ll be able to use your swimming pool right after adding a phosphate remover, since they’re not toxic.
Today, we’ll give you an overview of the 10 best Phosphate Removers which can help you to solve the problem.
1. Orenda PR-10000-QT Phosphate Remover Concentrate, 1-Quart
This phosphate remover concentrate is the strongest phosphorus control product. It is a highly concentrated solution formulated to react with phosphates in pool water and water-born, removing them as a nutrient source for algae formation and growth. It helps prevent interference with chlorine sanitizing and disinfection caused by algae. They are compatible with other water treatment chemicals applied in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and will not either effect water chemistry parameters or create residues detrimental to water quality. Nontoxic and nonhazardous. Professional strength of this concentrate is 1-quart per 10,000-gallons removes up to 10,000 ppb phosphate.
- Phosphate remover concentrate is the strongest phosphorus control product
- It is a highly concentrated solution formulated to react with phosphates in pool water and water-born
- It helps prevent interference with chlorine sanitizing and disinfection caused by algae
- It will not either effect water chemistry parameters or create residues detrimental to water quality
- per pack comes in 1-quart container
2. Clorox Pool&Spa 55232CLX Phosphate Remover, 1-Quart, White
Clorox Pool&Spa Phosphate Remover is specially formulated to remove phosphate and other contaminants, which are often too small to be caught in your filter. Phosphate remover binds to these impurities making them large enough to be filtered out of the pool. Removing these contaminants helps keep your pool water clean and the pool operating efficiently.
- Removes phosphates on contact
- Results in 24 hours
- For use in all pool types
3. Natural Chemistry Pool Perfect + Phosfree
Natural Chemistry has developed a regular maintenance program to continually remove phosphates as they enter the water. The program works in conjunction with the enzyme-based Pool Perfect; combining the benefits of both products into an easy maintenance program for swimming pool owners. While the PHOSfree removes the phosphates, the natural enzymes gently biodegrade organic material in the pool water.
- Add weekly to maintain near zero phosphate levels
- Cleans waterline and filer while reducing surface oils and other non-living organics
- SMARTZyme technology reduces frequency of filter cleaning and scrubbing scum lines
- The benefits of Pool Perfect and Phosfree combined
- Weekly dosage will improve water quality and reduce maintenance
4. Zodiac Phosphate Remover 1L - Pool Chemical
The Zodiac Phosphate Remover 1L is your first line of defense against algae growth! By removing phosphates (algae food) you're starving them out before they become a nuisance and save yourself hours of pool maintenance!
- Phosphates affect the efficiency of chlorine and all other sanitisers
- Removing phosphates will eliminate algae growth
- 100% organic and natural
- Suitable for all filters & Pools
- Size: 1L
5. Pool Breeze Phosphate Remover
The Pool Breeze Phosphate Remover product is a liquid formula that effectively eliminates phosphates from your pool water. One 32 fluid ounce treatment of this phosphate remover will effectively remove 2,000 ppb in 10,000 gallons of water. This phosphate treatment can be used weekly to prevent phosphate levels from rising. Use the Pool Breeze Phosphate Remover product regularly to help keep your water balanced and salt generators working effectively.
- Effectively eliminates phosphates in the water
- 32 ounces will remove 2,000 ppb in 10,000 gallons of water
- Can be used weekly to prevent phosphate levels from rising
6. REVIVE Swimming Pool Phosphate and Algae, Remover Chemical for Pools - 32 oz
REVIVE! is used for removing phosphates, metals, scaling carbonates and organic debris. It does not cloud the water or stain pool decks.
- Developed to remove phosphates, metals, scaling, carbonates and other contaminants
- Prevents scale on salt system equipment
- Removes orthophosphates up to 2000 ppb
- Removes copper and iron up to 2.0 ppm
- 32 oz treats 24,000 gallons
7. poollife Phosphate remover (1 qt)
Proven to eliminate phosphates sourced from pool chemicals, fertilizers, cleaners and other pollutants. Effective - 32 ounces removes 1,000 ppb phosphates in 20,000
gallons of pool water
- Lowers pool phosphate levels
- 32 ounces removes 1,000 ppb phosphates in 20,000 gallons of pool water
8. Regal Phosphate Remover 1 Qt. Bottle for Swimming Pools
Great for both maintenance and higher phosphate level treatment. Ideal for salt systems - Phosphate removal is crucial for the performance of salt chlorine generators.
- Extra strength formula
- Quickly lowers Phosphate levels in swimming pools
- Use weekly to maintain low Phosphate levels.
9. Leslie's NoPHOS Phosphate Remover 2L Bottle
NoPHOS removes phosphates from your water, giving you crystal clear water without leaving waterline rings or producing strange odors.
- Phosphate Remover
- 20% Stronger than regular PHOSfree
- Easily added to skimmer
- Does not cloud water
- Clears up water
- Does not leave rings
- No odor
10. Advantis Technologies 71411A PhosFight Plus Pool Phosphate Remover Maximum Concentrate 13,000 PPB
Product Details PhosFight Plus packs powerful enzymes that remove phosphates, clarify water and consume organics to keep your keep your pool water perfect!
Add the product directly to the skimmer while the filter is running Add 2 oz. into the skimmer weekly for every 10,000 gallons This bottle removes more than 13,000 ppb of phosphates in 10,000 gallons of water.
- PhosFight Plus packs powerful enzymes that remove phosphates
- This bottle removes more than 13,000 ppb of phosphates in 10,000 gallons of water
- Add the product directly to the skimmer while the filter is running
- Add 2 oz. into the skimmer weekly for every 10,000 gallons
- Clarify water and consume organics to keep your keep your pool water perfect!
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!