Today, we’re going to take a closer look at some of the best Pool Filter Sands!
If you have a swimming pool in the garden, you know that it must be constantly maintained to ensure that you can continue to enjoy beautiful clear and safe water. Your pool requires regular maintenance and a functioning pool filter to be able to pull small dust and debris particles from the water. Sand filters are commonly used for this purpose. Here’s our top picks for the best pool filter sand.1.FairmountSantrol AquaQuartz-50 Pool Filter 20-Grade Silica Sand 50 Pounds, White
This exceptional quality filter sand is 100% natural and ecologically safe. It’s made to filter out even the smallest of particles, leaving your pool water free of bugs, oil, dust, algae, and leaves.This product won’t stain your surfaces and it’s completely odorless. It won’t clog or solidify, so it’s safe for your plumbing. It’s also chemical-free and very easy to backwash.
- Ecologically safe sand does not solidify and will help prevent clogging and channeling
- 100% natural sand is chemical free and backwashes easily and evenly
- Filters out insects, leaves, oils, dirt, dust, hair and algae from pool water
- Odorless, Premium #20 Grade swimming pool sand filter Media
- Does not stain and ensures easy maintenance at a lower cost
When selecting a new pool filter sand, it may be a good idea to invest in a zeolite sand product, especially if the pool has recurring issues with chlorine levels that result in sore or red eyes. This zeolite sand helps absorb chloramines, which are responsible for causing eye pain and redness while swimming. The sand is also ideal for filtering very small dirt, oil, debris, and particles that are as small as 10 microns. This pool filter sand can last for up to 5 years before needing to be replaced, and it comes in a 50-pound bag. However, 50 pounds of Zeo, Inc zeolite sand is the cleaning equivalent of 100 pounds of silica pool filter sand, allowing users to spend less and get the same results.
- Replaces sand as a filter media
- 50 pounds of ZeoSand is equivalent to 100lbs. Of sand
- Lasts up to 5 years
- Catches more particulate than sand and decreases back wash times
- Product Ships as 2 x 25 lb. bags
- Power source type: good
3. Palmetto Poolfilter-50 Superior Pool Sand Filter – 20# Grade – Formula, One Size, 50Lb-A
As you will notice, most of the pool sand material is going to be 20 grade. However, Palmetto Pool filter claims that their Pool Sand is the perfect size for grabbing insects, leaves, dirt, sunscreen, oil, and even hair. Since the product is specifically designed for swimming pool filtration systems, this is a premium choice. The Palmetto Pool filter Sand is natural and has no added chemicals. This is a smart and affordable choice for sand filters.
- Filtration – Our perfectly sized pool filter sand grabs insects, leaves, dirt, dust, sunscreen oil, hair and other small particles to keep your pool sparkling clean.
- Pool Filter Sand – This pool filter sand is specifically designed to meet the standards for all brands of pool filters. We have upgraded our production with new robotics and screening technologies to make the highest quality sand for pool filters. Always follow Manufacturers recommendation FO the amount FO sand to add to your filter.
- Sand - Our sand is 100% natural and has No chemicals added. This ensures smooth operation for backwashes of sand pool filters.
- Clumping – Our sand will not solidify and not allow clogging and channeling of the sand in the filter. Our sand gives pool filter a smooth operation.
- Washed Sand – We wash our silica sand to remove all impurities. Our sand exceeds the requirements of the American Water Works Association for pool filter sand and our sand is packaged in strong heat-sealed 6.5 heavy mil bag.
4. HTH 67074 Filter Sand Care for Swimming Pools, 50 lbs
Keep the water clean and clear with this HTH silica pool filter sand that is designed to trap dirt, dust, leaves, oils, and other small particles down to 20 microns in size. The 20-grade silica sand can be used with a variety of different sand filters including residential, commercial, above-ground, and in-ground filters, though the amount of sand per filter will differ based on the specific filters. The pool filter sand comes in a 50-pound bag, and it has a natural formula that won’t form clumps or cause clogging. Just replace the existing sand and backwash the system until the water is running clear. After connecting the filter, the sand will remove debris from the pool water and won’t need to be replaced for 3 to 5 years, though weekly backwashing is suggested.
- HTH makes good pool maintenance products
- 50lb bag
- Effective size for filter media5. Quikrete Pool Filter Sand
You’ve probably heard the name Quikrete because they’re well known for the quick-drying concrete. But they also make a really good pool filter sand. This silica sand is a good basic product for your pool that’s easy to find and affordable to buy. It’s perfectly graded and efficient in pulling harmful bacteria and debris out of the water. The product comes in 50 lb bags that are easy to use and conveniently sized for storage.
- For use in swimming pool filtration systems
- Container Size: 50 lb.6. HARSCO METALS & MINERALS Filter Glass
Some pool owners are finding that filter glass is a better choice for their sand filters than pool sand. One of the great things about filter glass is that it lasts quite a bit longer than sand. The Harsco Metals and Minerals filter glass will help you reduce the number of chemical supplies you need to purchase. Simply by using the properties of the glass, your pool will stay cleaner and clearer. If you want an all natural alternative for your home pool maintenance, this could be a good choice.
- Improves water clarity & filtration
- Reduces odors, eye burning, and chemical usage
- Traps particles and ammonium ions that cause eye burning chloramines
- Reduces need for chemical shock treatments
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!