Learn how to keep kids safe while they're learning to swim. The American Academy of Pediatrics also encourages swimming lessons for kids starting at age 1.
We believe that swimming should be a priority for everyone. It's a vital life skill that can help prevent drowning.
5 Kids Water Safety Tips
The Aquatic Safety Research Group recommends the following kids water safety tips to help educate them on being safe swimmers:
- It’s important to start learning to swim early. Learning to swim can help kids develop safe boundaries and reduce their risk of drowning.
- Be patient and reassure your child. It can be hard for little ones to get used to new things, so make them feel safe and comfortable.
- Set aside time for swimming practice to be supervised and avoided playing with the kids. Doing so will help develop fine motor skills and build up confidence in the kids. Encourage children to practice for about 15-20 minutes.
- Learn how to swim with proper breathing and kicking techniques. This can be done in shallow water or at the edge of the pool.
- The right equipment and coaches can help swimmers improve their skills and confidence in the water. Having the necessary tools can make a difference in helping swimmers feel safe and confident in the water.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!