Brand: Spears Manufacturing
- For use in connecting NPT pipe to schedule 40 PE flexible tubing in a straight run
- Barbed fitting creates a tight seal on flexible tubing when used with a hose clamp (sold separately)
- Maximum working temperature of 140 degrees F
- PVC for strength and resistance to reactions with acids, gasoline, alcohol, and hydrocarbons
- Meets ASTM D2609 standards for plastic insert fittings and NSF 61 certified for use with potable water
Details: This Spears 1436 series tube fitting is made of gray polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic and has a male National Pipe Thread (NPT) thread on one end and a barbed insert on the other for connection to ASTM International schedule 40 polyethylene (PE) pipe in a straight run. The adapter's barbed fitting creates a tight seal on flexible PE pipe when used with a hose clamp (sold separately). The PVC fitting has a maximum working pressure that is dependent on the PE pipe it is used with, a maximum working temperature of 140 degrees F, and resists reactions with acids, gasoline, alcohol, and hydrocarbons. This male barb tube fitting meets ASTM D2609 standards for plastic insert fittings for use with PE pipe, ASTM schedule 40 standards for wall thickness, and is NSF International 61 certified for use with potable water. Pipe fittings are components used for connecting, terminating, controlling flow, and changing the direction of piping in many different industries. When purchasing pipe fittings, consider the application, as this will affect material type, shape, size and required durability. Fittings are available threaded or unthreaded, in many shapes, styles, sizes, and schedules (pipe wall thickness). Spears Manufacturing produces thermoplastic fittings and valves for fluid, drain, waste, and vent systems. The company, founded in 1969 and headquartered in Sylmar, CA, meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 9001.
Package Dimensions: 5.6 x 2.4 x 2.3 inches
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.