Winter maintenance is an important aspect of keeping your pool well-equipped for the cold weather. Doing so can help keep it running smoothly and save you time and money.
- A pool cover can help keep your pool clean and protected from the outside forces that can damage it. It can also help keep children and wildlife away from it.
- A balanced pool chemistry is very important during the winter months. You can start with algaecide to prevent the growth of bacteria. Some brands can last up to 90 days. During the winter months, they can last for up to 90 days. It is also a good idea to periodically add chlorine.
- Not only should you keep your pool equipment in good working order, but it also pays to perform regular maintenance on them. Doing so can help keep them running smoothly and effectively. Make sure that your pool pump and filter are in good working order to prevent issues that could cause costly repairs.
- When planning to open your pool for the season, make sure to keep in mind the weather conditions and the water temperatures. A temperature sensor for your pool can help keep you up-to-date with the latest weather conditions. It can also notify you when the pool's temperature gets too low.
- Although it's not yet warm enough to swim, opening your pool can give you time to prepare for the perfect water. When it's time to open your pool, make sure that the water is clean and balanced.
Winter maintenance is an important part of keeping your pool in top shape for the upcoming season. Aside from maintaining the pool, it also helps prepare the area for the spring season. Winter is a great time to protect your pool. By keeping it well-maintained, you can ensure that it will be ready to use when the sun comes out.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!