As the summer season comes to an end, it's time to start thinking about closing your pool. Properly closing your pool is essential to ensure its longevity and to prevent any damage during the winter months. In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about pool closing services.
Why is pool closing important?
Pool closing is important because it helps protect your pool from the harsh winter weather. When the temperature drops, water can freeze and expand, causing damage to your pool's plumbing, equipment, and even the pool structure itself. By properly closing your pool, you can prevent costly repairs and extend the lifespan of your pool.
What does a pool closing service include?
A professional pool closing service will typically include the following:
- Removing debris: The pool will be thoroughly cleaned to remove any leaves, dirt, or other debris that may have accumulated.
- Lowering the water level: The water level will be lowered to below the skimmer and return lines to prevent freezing and damage.
- Winterizing the plumbing: All plumbing lines, including the pump, filter, and heater, will be drained and blown out to remove any remaining water.
- Adding winterizing chemicals: The pool will be treated with winterizing chemicals to prevent algae growth and keep the water clean during the winter months.
- Covering the pool: A durable pool cover will be securely installed to protect the pool from debris and to keep it safe during the winter.
Why hire a professional pool closing service?
While some pool owners may choose to close their pools themselves, hiring a professional pool closing service offers several benefits:
- Expertise: Pool closing professionals have the knowledge and experience to properly winterize your pool and ensure it is protected.
- Time-saving: Closing a pool can be a time-consuming process, especially if you are not familiar with the steps involved. Hiring a professional allows you to save time and focus on other tasks.
- Peace of mind: By hiring a professional, you can have peace of mind knowing that your pool is in good hands and will be properly closed for the winter.
- Preventative maintenance: A professional pool closing service can identify any potential issues or repairs that may need to be addressed before closing the pool, helping you avoid more significant problems in the future.
When should you schedule a pool closing service?
The timing of your pool closing will depend on your location and climate. It is generally recommended to schedule a pool closing service when the average daily temperature consistently drops below 65°F (18°C). This ensures that your pool is closed before the freezing temperatures arrive.
Pool closing is a crucial step in maintaining the health and longevity of your pool. By hiring a professional pool closing service, you can ensure that your pool is properly winterized and protected from the harsh winter weather. Don't wait until it's too late – schedule your pool closing service today and enjoy a worry-free winter!
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!
Also don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out our videos with other great pool and spa products.