Following weeks of research, I have come across a series of Aquabot robotic pool cleaners. With a few key features that I identified, I am sure that this line will become a must have for anyone who is looking for a good quality product.
The Dolphin DX4 is an absolute joy to drive. Its clean exterior and impeccable build quality make it stand out from the crowd.
The build quality was good, though I did not expect it to be as good as the advertised. The aesthetics were not great, though I was still excited about the design.
The DX4 is at least symmetrical, though it lacks a great deal of character. The Neptune Plus variant adds a nice turquoise finish to the overall look.
The DX3 and the DX4 are both for in ground pool use only. They have the same basic features, but they also have a few exclusive features that only Maytronics can offer.
The AI is more efficient than the DX3, it can scan a pool and work out the optimum route much faster. It has a built in timer that tells you when the bag is full.
One of the new features that's included with the robotic pool cleaner is a remote control. Unlike other devices that only allow you to set the cycle time, this one provides full control.
Extra features such as an improved motor, a built-in filter, and a built-in battery pack are all added to make this a more expensive pool pump. However, it is a great addition to any pool.
Easy to Use
There are plenty of robotic pool cleaners out there that require an extensive setup to work properly. These are simply not worth the effort.
There are robotic pool cleaners that are capable of doing almost everything that a human pool cleaner can do, but they require a bit of setup. This is why I focus on the Playtex models instead.
The biggest issue with this particular model is that the bottom loading filter bag tends to overflow once it's been pulled out. This issue usually occurs when the bag is relatively small and doesn't seem to cause any issues.
Although I think replacement bags are a must, the core functions are easily done so that it is not difficult to call this machine a tough machine to use.
- Works out of the box, no need to connect it to a pool pump.
- Cleans walls well
- Weekly timer frees up more of your time.
- Excellent price.
- Remote control options
- A few added benefits over the DX3
- Bottom loading filter bag
- In ground pools only
- Warranty info is light on the ground.
- IntelliScan Technology analyzes your pool surface to make cleaning as efficient as possible.
- 2.5 hour cleaning cycle.
- Swivel cable reduces knots, kinks, and tangles.
- Weekly timer schedules the DX4S to automatically clean your pool at your convenience!
- Quick-release dual level filter cartridge.
- This robotic pool cleaner uses little energy while efficiently picking up dirt and debris. It requires no installation and runs independently from your poolÂs pump and filtration system, saving you time and money.
- The IntelliScan Technology analyzes your swimming pool in order to make cleaning as easy and efficient as possible.
|Pool Size/Cable Length||Up to 50 Ft|
|Filter Description||Bag, Bottom-load|
|Cleaning Coverage||Floor, Walls, Waterline|
|Cleaning Mode(s)||Standard, Quick Clean|
|Cleaning Cycle(s)||1 or 3 Hours|
|Number of Brushes||2 Brushes|
|Active Brushes||0 Active|
|Connectivity & Automation|
|MyDolphin™ Plus App||no|
|Full Bag Indicator||Yes|
|Anti-Tangle Swivel Cable||Yes|
|Cable Length||60 Ft|
|Warranty||24 Months Limited|
|Caddy Included||Not Included|
|Product Weight (robot only)||22 lbs|
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!