This guide will help you to replace a Jandy AquaLink RS AUXILLIARY Power Center Circuit board. The Jandy AquaLink RS Control System has multiple configurations. Most setups are limited to the standard one box AquaLink System for 8 functions. The system discussed here has two interlinked control boxes to handle up to 16 functions. The first control box is called the Primary Power Center and the second control box is called the Auxilliary Power Center. Each Power Center has its own unique Printed Circuit Board (PCB).
1. VIEW PRIMARY PCB - This picture shows the front of the Printed Circuit Board for the Primary Jandy Aqualink RS Control System.
2. VIEW AUXILLIARY PCB - This picture shows the front of the Printed Circuit Board for the Auxilliary Jandy Aqualink RS Control System. This is the PCB that we will be replacing in this guide.
3. UNSCREW FRONT COVER - Release the Front Cover of the PCB by removing the two upper middle screws.
4. ROTATE COVER OUT - Rotate the Cover down to remove it from the Power Center Box.
5. UNSCREW PCB - Release the Printer Circuit Board by removing the two top corner screws.
6. ROTATE PCB OUT - Rotate the PCB down and pull it out of its bottom slots.
7. VIEW PCB - Look at the PCB. There are three sets of cables that have to be disconnected from the PCB: A 4-pin terminal, a 2 pin terminal, and a set of 8 Aux terminals on the bottom edge of the PCB (not shown).
8. REMOVE 4-PIN TERMINAL - Pull the 4-Pin terminal off the top of the PCB.
9. REMOVE 2-PIN TERMINAL - Pull the 2-Pin terminal off the right backside of the PCB.
10. VIEW 8 AUX TERMINALS - Pull the 8 red terminals off the bottom edge of the PCB. Note , we marked these individual cables before we realized that they were already labeled. See insert on the right side of the picture. Each terminal should be labeled: with a number on the side of the terminal and a "AUX B#" notation where the terminal plugs into the PCB. In the example shown; a seven is on the terminal and "AUX B7" is along side the base.
11. REMOVE 8 AUX TERMINALS - Pull each of the 8 terminals off the bottom of the PCB.
12. VIEW NEW DETACHED PCB
13. ATTACH 2-PIN TERMINAL - Push the 2-Pin Terminal onto the PCB.
14. ATTACH 8 AUX TERMINALS - Push each of the 8 red terminals onto their respective bases. Make sure the labeled numbers match up.
15. ATTACH 4-PIN TERMINAL - Push the 4-Pin terminal on the top left edge of the PCB.
16. PLACE PCB IN SLOT - Place the tabs on the bottom of the PCB into the slots as indicated and rotate the PCB up.
17. SECURE PCB - Secure the PCB to the Control Center Frame with the two corner screws.
18. REPLACE FRONT COVER - Slide the bottom edge of the Front Cover over the bottom edge of the PCB, rotate it up and secure the Cover with two screws.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!