In this "how to" we will guide you through how to replace a Hayward Tiger Shark Cartridge. The Hayward Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Cartridge is the filtering element in the unit that does the actually "cleaning" of the water. As the water is drawn through the cartridge debris is caught in the screen, to maintain a properly working cleaner you may need to replace the Tiger Shark Cleaner Cartridge when necessary.
1. First have your Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner turned off and sitting on its side, as pictured, you may want to put down a towel so you do not scratch the side cover. Replacement Tiger Shark Side Cover part #: 3276-041
2. To access the Tiger Shark Cleaner Cartridge, unseat the bottom lid by releasing the Tiger Shark Locking Clips, do this by pushing the clip toward the center to free it from the metal holder bracket. Replacement Tiger Shark Cartridge Assembly part #: 3276-081, Tiger Shark Cleaner Cartridge part #: 70101, Bottom Lid part #: 3276-072, Locking Plate part #: 3276-074
3. The Tiger Shark Cartridge Assembly should come out when you remove the Tiger Shark Bottom Lid, but if it does not then you may remove yourself, by simply gripping the cartridge holder and lifting out.
4. Sit the assembly upside down (opening facing up), at this point you must remove the cartridge. Do so by grasping in the middle and pulling up and out. After this is done inspect the Tiger Shark Cleaner Cartridge Holder for any damage. Replacement Tiger Shark Cartridge Assembly part #: 3276-081
5. Before replacing the Tiger Shark Cleaner Cartridge you will want to remove all the debris remaining in the Tiger Shark Cartridge Assembly. Replacement Tiger Shark Cartridge Assembly part #: 3276-081
6. The Tiger Shark Cleaner Cartridge Assembly should be free of all debris and the used pool cleaner cartridges should be removed and discarded at this point, now it is time to install the new Tiger Shark Filters. Do this by sliding the replacement cartridge back into the holder slot of the assembly until the tabs on each side of the cartridge have become flush with the with assembly's mouth. Replacement Tiger Shark Cleaner Cartridge part #: 70101
7. Now with the new cartridges installed, you can slide the assembly onto the Tiger Shark Cleaner Bottom Lid. Replacement Tiger Shark Bottom Lid part #: 3276-072, Tiger Shark Filter part #: 70101
8. With the Tiger Shark Cartridge and Bottom Lid secure, slide the assembly into the unit, then fasten the bottom lid into place using the locking clips.. Replacement Tiger Shark Cleaner Locking Plates part #:3276-074
9. Check for any loose parts or other damage before resuming operation, if you see no further issues, you may begin using your Hayward Tiger Shark Cleaner.
This guide is provided by https://www.inyopools.com/
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!