This guide illustrates how easy it is to remove the debris from the Flapper. The only moving part in a Pentair Kreepy Krauly Cleaner is the Flapper just inside the throat of the Cleaner. Sometimes large debris will get jammed around this Flapper preventing it from moving and stopping the Kreepy Krauly Cleaner.
1. CHECK PARTS REQUIRED - No parts have to be ordered for this procedure.
2. JIGGLE FLAPPER - Turn the Cleaner upside down and look down the throat of the Cleaner. You will see a purple Flapper. Try jiggling the Flapper to see if it moves and if any debris will drop out. If the Flapper still doesn't move, Try removing the debris by spraying the cavity with a hose.
3. RELEASE BAFFLE PLATE - If the debris is still lodged inside, you will have to remove the Flapper. First lift the lip of the foot pad and insert a flat-headed screwdriver along side one of the two tabs on the baffle plate. Push the tab inward until the baffle plate releases.
4. REMOVE BAFFLE PLATE - Place a finger into the throat of the baffle plate and pull up until the baffle plate pops out.
5. CLEAR DEBRIS - Pull the Flapper and any debris out of the throat.
6. CHECK FLAPPER - Inspect Flapper to make sure it has not been damaged. It's a simple wedge and chances are slight that it is damaged.
7. REINSERT FLAPPER - Place Flapper back into the opening thin side first. Check that it move back and forth easily.
8. REPLACE BAFFLE PLATE - Snap the baffle plate back into place. Note that the nibs on the end of the baffle plate have to line up with the slots at the bottom side of the opening.
9. CHECK BAFFLE PLATE PLACEMENT - Pull up from the center of the baffle plate to make sure that the tabs on the top of the baffle plate engaged.
10. JIGGLE FLAPPER - Move the Flapper back and forth with your finger to make sure it still moves freely.
11. The debris is now cleared and your Pentair Kreepy Krauly Cleaner should be fully functional.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!