This guide will help you to reduce your chemical usage. Swimming pool and spa chemicals (especially chlorine and bromine) can be a burden to a pool or spa owner. Chlorine and bromine prices in particular, seem to go up on a yearly basis. Imagine being able to reduce the amount of chlorine/bromine you use and still have a crystal clear swimming pool or spa. If you follow a few simple steps, you'll be able to reduce your chlorine/bromine usage and that bucket of chlorine or bromine tablets will last you longer than you imagined.
1. The first step is to purchase a Nature 2 System. A Nature 2 System is a mineral system (silver and copper) that sanitizes the water with the aid of very small amounts of chlorine or bromine. Minerals, such as silver and copper, have long been known for their sanitizing capabilities. Nature 2 brings the benefits of these ingredients to create a swimming pool that is cleaner, clearer, softer and safer (chemical wise).
2. Once you've selected your Nature 2 System it will need to be plumbed in. If you have an existing automatic chlorinator or brominator, you can either remove it or adjust the knob to the lowest level. If you have a salt system, you can adjust the chlorine percentage output at the lowest setting. Some tweaking will be required to maintain the levels at 0.5 ppm. The Nature 2 System comes with instructions that will help make installation a breeze.
3. Now that you Nature 2 System has been installed, you can begin to use. The cartridge that comes with the Nature 2 System needs to be activated. You would activate the cell by shocking the pool with a chlorine based shock. Once the cell has been activated, you will only need to maintain a chlorine or bromine residual of 0.5 ppm.
4. Once your Nature 2 System is up and running, you can use a non-chlorine shock on a weekly basis or as needed. The non-chlorine shock will oxidize the water and help remove organic waste. The best part about using a non-chlorine shock is that unlike a chlorine based shock, after you add it to the swimming pool, you can take a swim 15 minutes later.
5. Maintenance - The cell inside of your nature 2 system will need to be replaced once a season (approximately every 6 months). Replacing the nature 2 cell at the recommended intervals will ensure that the swimming pool is being sanitized effectively at all times.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!