The following guide will help to recalibrate a Pentair Intellichlor. Occasionally the salt indicator on the Pentair Intellichlor will not match the actual salt level of the pool. If this is the case, the salt level on the cell will need to be recalibrated. Note: This guide is only intended for versions 1.9 and below. Newer versions can not be recalibrated.
1. If the Intellichlor has been in operation for a few weeks, remove and acid clean the salt cell before field recalibrating. This will give the most accurate starting point.
2. Manually test the salt level with salt test strips or an electronic salt tester. If the salt level is in the proper range of 3000-4200, proceed to step 3. If not, adjust the salt level to the proper parameters before recalibrating.
3. With the pump running, verify the "Flow" light on the cell is green. This indicates good water flow through the cell.
4. Press and hold the "More" button for 3 seconds to enter system status mode. All the lights will scroll across the panel, and then go dark. Only the "Power", "Cell", "Life", and "Low" lights will be lit.
5. After a few moments, the "Good", "Add", and "Low" salt lights will begin to scroll, indicating the salt level is being read. It may take up to one minute to read the salt.
6. The salt scrolling will stop and one of the salt lights will be displayed. The "Sanitizer Output 20%" light will turn on to indicate changes are now allowed. Press the "More" button to cycle through each salt level, and then press the "Less" button to choose and save the display as the new salt level. The "PWR", "Cell", "Life", and "Flow" lights will flash 4 times, then the mode exits to normal.
7. The unit is now recalibrated to the salt level of the pool. The display will now be normal, showing the output percentage, flow status, etc. The field calibrate mode will exit in 5 seconds if no buttons are pressed.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!