In this "how to" we will guide you through how to install and operate your Zodiac X7 Suction Cleaner through your pool's skimmer. Your Zodiac X7 Suction Cleaner can be installed into your pool two different ways: directly into your skimmer; or into a dedicated suction line.
1. INSPECT PARTS - This picture shows the parts you should have received to install your Zodiac X7 Suction Cleaner through your skimmer: 1- FLEX-CONNECTOR, 2- FLOW GAUGE, 3- 45 DEGREE ELBOW, 4- HOSE WEIGHT, 5- FLOWKEEPER VALVE, 6- VALVE CUFF,7- TWIST-LOCK HOSE (12 total).
2. ADJUST RETURN LINES - Adjust the return lines to blow downward towards the opposite wall.
3. TURN PUMP OFF - Always turn your pump off at the pump circuit breaker.
4. CLOSE MAIN DRAIN - For best cleaner results, shut off your main drain at the diverter valves.
5. ASSEMBLE HOSE SECTIONS -Push and twist the connectors on each hose section until they lock into position with a clicking sound.
6. MEASURE LENGTH - Connect enough hose to reach the farthest point of the pool and then add one more section.
7. ADD HOSE WEIGHT -Position the hose weight at the end of the first hose section, about 39 inches from the Cleaner.
8. FILL THE HOSE - Push the hose down under water to fill it completely.
9. LOCATE FLOWKEEPER VALVE - The Flowkeeper Valve regulates flow to ensure the pool pump and Zodiac X7 Cleaner run properly. It is pre-set at the factory at "2" to optimize the performance of the Cleaner. Two other settings are offered. The lower the setting number, the lower the flow. To adjust, pull the handle and move setting up or down. The red tab can be used to open the valve and stop the Cleaner.
10. REMOVE SKIMMER BASKET - Remove the skimmer cover and lift out the skimmer basket.
11. INSERT VALVE CUFF - Place the Valve Cuff into the pipe at the bottom of the skimmer.
12. CONNECT FLOWKEEPER - Insert the Flowkeeper valve into the Valve Cuff with the arrow pointing down towards the bottom of the skimmer. This FlowKeeper is set at the factory setting of "2".
13. ATTACH ELBOW - Slide the 45 degree elbow over the FlowKeeper valve. If there isn't room for the elbow, or the port is lower than normal, skip this step.
14. ATTACH HOSE - Feed the male end of the assembled hose through the skimmer door and attach the hose onto the elbow. This skimmer has a low port so the hose was connected directly to the FlowKeeper valve - the elbow was not installed.
15. ATTACH FLEX CONNECTOR - With the hose submerged, attached the Flex Connector to the free end of the hose.
16. ATTACH FLOW GAUGE - Attach the Flow Gauge onto the connector until it clicks.
17. TURN PUMP ON - With the hose and Flow Gauge under water, turn the pump on.
18. READ GAUGE - GOOD - Look at side of the Flow Gauge. If the red indicator in the gauge is on the Number 3 setting, the water pressure through the skimmer port is at the proper level.
19. READ GAUGE - LOW - If the red indicator in the gauge reads below 3 (0-2), you do not have sufficient water pressure to operate the Cleaner. Make sure that the valve to the main drain is closed. Turn the pump off and move the flow setting on the FlowKeeper valve from "2" to "3". Turn pump back on. If you still have low flow, slowly close the valve to the skimmer until the gauge moves up to 3.
20. READ GAUGE - HIGH - If the red indicator in the gauge reads above 3 (4-6), the pressure in yourskimmer port is too high for efficient cleaning. Turn the pump off and move the flow setting on the FlowKeeper valve from "2" to "1". Turn pump back on. If you still have high flow, open the main drain slightly.
21. TURN OFF PUMP - Once you have the correct pressure reading, turn off the pump.
22. REMOVE FLOW GAUGE - Remove the Flow Gauge by squeezing the pressure points on either side of the Flex Connector.
23. CHECK HANDLE POSITION - Check that the Handle on the Cleaner is in the full upright position and locked into place with the two Handle Locks.
24. EMERGE CLEANER - Place the Cleaner into the water and swish it back and forth to remove all air in the Cleaner.
25. CONNECT HOSE TO CLEANER - Connect the hose to the Cleaner by pushing the Flex Connector onto the outer extension pipe until it clicks.
26. RELEASE CLEANER TO BOTTOM - Allow the Cleaner to drift to the bottom of the pool.
27. ADJUST WEIGHT - With the pump off observe the Zodiac X7 Cleaner. If it does not rest flat on the pool floor, adjust the weight 1" at a time up or back as required until the Cleaner rests flat on the floor.
28. TURN ON PUMP
29. OBSERVE CLEANER OPERATION - Your Zodiac X7 Cleaner should be moving along the bottom and sides of your pool.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!