If you’re looking to replace a worn or broken O-Ring on your Pentair 79128900 EP40 pump, you’ve come to the right place. This guide will walk you through the process of replacing your O-Ring and getting your pump up and running again.
Before you begin, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the O-Ring and the tools necessary for the job. You’ll need a pair of pliers and a new O-Ring of the correct size. The O-Ring should be marked “79128900”.
Now that you’re ready to get started, follow these steps to install your new O-Ring:
1. Turn off the power to the pump and disconnect it from the power source.
2. Remove the pump cover by unscrewing the two screws that secure it in place.
3. Carefully remove the old O-Ring from the groove around the pump housing.
4. Clean the groove with a soft cloth to make sure it’s free of debris.
5. Apply a small amount of lubricant to the groove.
6. Place the new O-Ring into the groove and use the pliers to press it into place.
7. Replace the pump cover and screw it back into place.
8. Reconnect the pump to the power source and turn it back on. That’s all there is to it. With your new O-Ring in place, you’re ready to start using your Pentair 79128900 EP40 pump again.
Remember to check the O-Ring regularly for signs of wear and tear, and replace it if necessary.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!
Also don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out our videos with other great pool and spa products.