When the weather is right, owning a pool is the life of many people. It’s a great place to get away from the heat and indulge in some relaxing water sports.
Unfortunately, many pool owners only get to swim for half the year. For most of the year, your pool doesn't go untouched. Instead, it's left to go untouched.
These simple changes will make it easier to keep your pool warm all year round.
1. There are many options available for extending your swimming season.
Although it's cooler outside, staying in the pool can still be extended by several weeks or even months. With the right equipment, you can extend the pool season by several weeks or even months.
2. Adding a solar cover can extend your pool season by a few weeks in spring and fall.
Solar pool covers are great for keeping a pool warm during the day and cool at night. These covers can be installed on both inground and above ground swimming pools.
3. Solar covers save money by reducing water evaporation and chemical loss.
Aside from helping keep your pool hot, solar covers can also help you save money. They can reduce evaporation by up to 90% and provide a better quality of life for you and your family.
4. Solar reels make installing and removing solar covers a simple, one-person task.
Since solar covers are designed to fit over an entire pool, they can be very heavy and cumbersome to move. Fortunately, there are various solar reels that can make the job of fitting solar covers easier and less time-consuming.
5. If using a pool heater, also use a solar cover to help retain heat in the pool.
A solar cover is essential to keep the heat inside your pool and helps conserve your money. When used with a pool heater, a solar cover can provide up to 30% more energy efficiency.
6. Solar Sun Rings are an easy-to-use alternative to solar covers.
Instead of large solar covers, Solar Sun Rings are made of heavy-duty vinyl. They're designed to evenly distribute solar heat across the pool's surface. Since they're not designed to work as efficiently as solar covers, they are often not as effective as they should be.
7. Using a gas heater can raise your water temperature by 30 degrees or more.
In areas with cold temperatures, pool seasons are often short. Gas and electric pool heaters are the most effective way to extend the pool season and keep the water warm.
8. Heat pumps are cost-effective options to extend pool season in mild and sunny climates.
Heat pumps work by gathering warm air around the pool, which then produces a constant cycle of pool water. They're usually more energy-efficient than gas heaters.
9. In sunny areas, solar heaters can increase pool temperatures by up to 20 degrees.
Although solar heaters are commonly used for pool heating, they can also be installed on the roof or on the ground. When used properly, these heaters can increase a pool's temperature by up to 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Above ground pools are easily heated with a solar heater.
Solar heaters for above-ground pools are safer and can provide the same heating power as other types of heaters. They can also be installed safely and easily. There are many ways to extend the length of your pool season. While it's important to keep in mind that each type of pool has its own unique characteristics, we can help guide you through the various options.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!