This guide shows you the steps required to wire a PureLine Pure Flow Pump Model PL1615 On 230V. Pool pumps are wired to run on either 230V or 115V. The PureLine PL1615 will only operate on 230V. If you are going to wire your own pool pump, you must first know what voltage is coming to your pump from the house circuit breaker. Also, you must ensure that the electrical supply agrees with the motor's voltage, phase, and cycle and that all electrical wiring conforms to local codes and NEC regulations. If you are unsure of this voltage or are unfamiliar with electrical codes and regulations, have a professional electrician wire your pump for you or at least check your work. Failure to wire the pump correctly can cause electrical shock or can damage your pump motor and void your warranty.
1. CAUTION: Before you start wiring your pool pump, turn off all power to the pump at the breaker box.
2. Loosen the four screws from the terminal cover and remove the terminal cover plate.
3. Feed the 3 external wires through the conduit hole. Typically, the 3 external lines will be black, red and green. These represent the two hot lines and ground respectively.
Use #12 AWG for wire runs up to 100' and #10 AWG for lengths longer than 100'. When in doubt use a heavier gauge wire. Heavier gauge will allow the motor to run cooler and more efficient.
4. Connect the black (hot) line to L1 on the terminal board. If L1 is not visible on the terminal board, see picture for location.
5. Connect the red (hot) line to L2 on the terminal board. If L2 is not visible on the terminal board, see picture for location.
6. Connect the green (ground) line to the yellow wire using a wiring nut.
Another option is to remove the yellow wire from the ground screw and connect the green wire directly to that screw.
7. Replace the terminal cover and tighten the screws.
8. Connect the external bonding wire to the bonding lug on the motor.
9. Finally, prime the pump and turn on the power at the breaker.
This guide is provided by https://www.inyopools.com/
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!