In this "how to" we will guide you through how to wire a PureLine Prime Pump Models PL2607, PL2608, & PL2609. Pool pumps are wired to run on either 230V or 115V. Most are run on 230V and are preset at the manufacturers at 230V. If you are going to wire your own pool pump, you must first know what voltage is coming to your pump from the house circuit breaker. Also you must ensure that the electrical supply agrees with the motor's voltage, phase, and cycle and that all electrical wiring conforms to local codes and NEC regulations. If you are unsure of this voltage or are unfamiliar with electrical codes and regulations, have a professional electrician wire your pump for you or at least check your work. Failure to wire the pump correctly can cause electrical shock or can damage your pump motor and void your warranty.
1. CAUTION: Before you start wiring your pool pump, turn off all power to the pump at the breaker box.
2. Loosen screw from plastic cap at the back of the motor and remove cap.
3. Feed the 3 electrical supply wires through the conduit hole of the motor. This includes two hot lines and ground. Typically, the 3 external lines will be black (hot), red (hot) and green (ground).
4. Connect the black (hot) line to L1 on the terminal board.
5. Connect the red (hot) line L2 on the terminal board.
6. Connect the green (ground) line to the green ground screw.
7. Replace the motor cap and tighten screw.
8. Connect bonding wire to the lug located on the back of the motor.
9. Finally, prime the pump and turn on the power at the breaker.
This guide is provided by https://www.inyopools.com/
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!