This guide shows you the steps to take in wiring a PureLine Prime Pump Model PL2604 On 230V. Pool pumps are wired to run on either 230V or 115V. Most are run on 230V and are preset at the manufacturers at 230V. If you are going to wire your own pool pump, you must first know what voltage is coming to your pump from the house circuit breaker. Also you must ensure that the electrical supply agrees with the motor's voltage, phase, and cycle and that all electrical wiring conforms to local codes and NEC regulations. If you are unsure of this voltage or are unfamiliar with electrical codes and regulations, have a professional electrician wire your pump for you or at least check your work. Failure to wire the pump correctly can cause electrical shock or can damage your pump motor and void your warranty.
1. CAUTION: Before you start wiring your pool pump, turn off all power to the pump at the breaker box.
2. Loosen two screws from metal plate at the back of the motor and remove plate.
3. Remove the black conduit plug.
4. Feed the 3 external wires through the conduit hole. Typically, the 3 external lines will be black, red and green. These represent the two hot lines and ground respectively.
5. Connect the black (hot) line to L1 on the terminal board.
6. Connect the red (hot) line L2 on the terminal board.
7. Connect the green (ground) line to the green ground screw.
8. Replace the motor plate and tighten screws.
9. Attach the bonding wire to the motor's bonding lug. The bonding wire will either be exposed copper or a copper wire with a green sleeve.
10. Finally, prime the pump and turn on the power at the breaker.
This guide is provided by https://www.inyopools.com/
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!