The Zodiac X7 Float Arm / Handle locks many of the pieces of the Zodiac X7 Cleaner in place. If it is damaged and needs to be replaced, you can fix it by following the simple step-by-step instructions provided in this guide.
1. ORDER PARTS - The part you will need to order for this procedure is the Zodiac X7 Float Arm and Handle with Locks.
2. UNLOCK HANDLE - The pivoting posts of the Handle are inserted into the Lower Body Assembly underneath the Engine Assembly. To access these posts you will have to remove the Main Body Cover, the Engine Assembly and the Wing. To free the Cover, unlock the Handle by pushing up in the two locks on either side of the Handle. They just slide up out of the slots in the Cover.
3. PUSH HANDLE BACK - The base of the Handle engages slots on the sides of the Cover. To disengage the Cover, push the Handle all the way back.
4. PULL MAIN BODY COVER OUT - Pull the Cover straight out towards the front of the Cleaner.
5. PULL OUT ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Pull the Engine Assembly out of the Lower Body Assembly. This is a two-step process. First lift the end of the Engine Assembly up so that the Thrust Washer is above and free of its retainer. Then pull the Engine Assembly straight out.
6. PULL OUT ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Pull the Engine Assembly out of the Lower Body Assembly. This is a two-step process. First lift the end of the Engine Assembly up so that the Thrust Washer is above and free of its retainer. Then pull the Engine Assembly straight out.
7. PULL WING STRAIGHT OUT - Pull the Wing straight out of the slots in the Lower Body Assembly.
8. REMOVE WING - Slide the Wing off the front end of the Lower Body Assembly and over the top of the Handle.
9. PUSH HANDLE UP - Move the Handle all the way forward. The pivot posts on the Handle are keyed, so the Handle must be all the way forward to release them.
10. LOCATE PIVOT POSTS - The location of the pivot posts is shown in this picture. Note that they are keyed. The key on each post must line up with the keyed holes in order to remove the Handle.
11. PULL POSTS OUT - Pull the ends of the Handle out of the holes in the Lower Body Assembly. You might have to move the Handle slightly to line up the keys.
12. REMOVE HANDLE - Once the pivot posts are free, you can remove the Handle from the Lower Body Assembly.
13. POSITION NEW HANDLE - Place the new Handle so that it extends straight out from the front of the Lower Body Assembly. In this position the keys on the pivot post should line up with the keys in the holes. Push the pivot posts into their holes to secure the Handle. Move the Handle up to a half-way position to ensure that the posts are fully engaged.
14. PLACE NEW WING - Slide the new Wing over the Handle and the front end of the Lower Body Assembly.
15. PLACE NEW WING IN SLOTS - With the Cleaner in an upright position, place the new Wing in the three slots located the underside of the Lower Body Assembly.
16. PUSH WING INTO SLOTS - Push the Wing down into the slots until you feel it snap into place.
17. PUSH HANDLE BACK - Rotate the Handle all the way back to make room for the Engine Assembly.
18. PLACE ENGINE ASSEMBLY IN BAY - Angle the new Engine Assembly into the bay of the Lower Body Assembly. The Thrust Washer should be behind the retainer with the widest part of the Washer on top.
19. ENGAGE ENGINE ASSEMBLY - Push down on the end of the Engine Assembly until it clicks into the Lower Body Assembly.
20. REINSTALL MAIN BODY COVER - Place the Cover over the Extension Pipe and push the Cover all the way into the back of the Cleaner until you feel it snap into place.
21. PULL HANDLE FORWARD - To lock the Cover in place, Pull the Handle forward until it engages fully with the slots on each side of the Cover.
22. LOCK HANDLE - Lock the Handle in place by pushing down on the locks on either side of the Handle.
23. CLEANER IS READY - Check that the locks are fully engaged and reattach the hose. Your Cleaner is ready to operate.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!