This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing tracks.The Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Tracks are the belts that connect the gear on the motor shaft to the drive gears on each end of the Brushes. There are two tracks, One on each side. Over time these tracks wear and stretch to the point where they have to be replaced.
1. ORDER PARTS - The main function of this guide is to show how to replace the Tracks so that is your first set of parts of order. However, while you are replacing these tracks, you might also consider replacing the 2 Drive Pulleys and 4 Guide Wheels that support and drive the tracks.
2. IDENTIFY SIDES - For the purposes of this discussion, the right side of the Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Cleaner will be designated as the side closest to the Power Cable.
3. UNSCREW LEFT SIDE PANEL - To access the Tracks, you will need to remove the outside shell of the Cleaner. Turn the Cleaner on its side and remove the 4 screws that hold the blue panel to the left side of the cleaner. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to manually remove the screws. You risk the chance of stripping the plastic screw sockets if you use a power drill.
4. LIFT OFF THE LEFT SIDE PANEL - Lift the Left Side Panel straight up off of the wheel posts.
5. UNSCREW RIGHT SIDE PANEL - Turn the Cleaner on its other side and remove the 4 screws that hold the blue panel to the right side of the cleaner.
6. LIFT OFF THE RIGHT SIDE PANEL - Lift the Right Side Panel straight up off of the wheel posts. This step will expose the Roller Wheel Assembly embedded in the Lower Side Panel.
7. REMOVE ROLLER WHEEL ASSEMBLY - Lift the Roller Wheel Assembly out of its socket. The Assembly includes the wheel, two washers and a short shaft. They separate easily. Keep these parts together and in a safe place.
8. UNSCREW IMPELLER COVER - The Impeller cover is secured into the top of the Cover Assembly with 2 screws. Remove these screws with a Phillips head screwdriver.
9. LIFT OFF IMPELLER COVER - The Impeller Cover is in flush with the Cover Assembly. You may need to use a small screwdriver to gently pry it out of the Assembly.
10. UNSCREW COVER ASSEMBLY - Remove the 4 screws that hold the top Cover Assembly to the Cleaner.
11. LIFT OFF COVER ASSEMBLY - Lift the Cover Assembly up off of the top of the Cleaner. You will have to thread the Cover Assembly along the power cord and over the two floats to get it out of the way.
12. REMOVE LOWER LEFT PANEL (1) - The Lower Side Panels are held on by 5 tabs that click into slots in the frame of the Cleaner - 2 on the top and 3 on the bottom. Release the two top tabs by pressing down on each tab and pushing them through their respective slots.
13. REMOVE LOWER LEFT PANEL (2) - Gently pull the top of the Lower Left Panel back away from the Cleaner. This should release the bottom three tabs. If not, push the bottom tabs up to free them from their slots. Do not put a lot of pressure on these tabs or they may break.
14. REMOVE LOWER RIGHT PANEL - Remove the Lower Panel on the right side like you did for the left side above.
15. REMOVE RIGHT SIDE GUIDE WHEEL 1 - There are 2 Guide Wheels on either side of the Drive Pulley to help keep it taunt. Lift one Guide Wheel off its post. You may have to pull the track away from the Guide Wheel slightly as you are pulling the Guide Wheel up.
16. REMOVE RIGHT SIDE GUIDE WHEEL 2 - Lift the other Guide Wheel off its post.
17. REMOVE RIGHT SIDE DRIVE PULLEY - Lift the Drive Pulley off of the Hexagon Adapter.
18. REMOVE HEXAGON ADAPTER - When you take off the Right Side Drive Pulley you will see a steel Hexagon Adapter sitting on the drive shaft of the motor. Lift this adapter off and store it where it won't get lost.
19. REMOVE RIGHT SIDE TRACK - Once the Track is free of its Drive Pulley you should be able to lift it off the gears on the ends of the Brushes and remove it from the Cleaner.
20. REMOVE LEFT SIDE TRACK - Follow the procedure above to remove the other track on the left side of the Cleaner. The procedure is the same except there is no Hexagon Adapter. The motor only drive the right side.
21. CHECK GUIDE WHEELS AND DRIVE PULLEYS - Look at all four Guide Wheels and two Drive Pulleys for wear and to make sure the bearings are sound and turn easily. If not replace them.
22. PLACE RIGHT SIDE TRACK - Place a new Track on the right side over the end gears of the two Brushes. Put the big feet out. Either Track can be used. They are identical.
23. REPLACE HEXAGON ADAPTER - Replace the slotted end of the Hexagon Adapter onto the Motor Drive Shaft.
24. REPLACE RIGHT SIDE DRIVE PULLEY - Place the Track on the Right Side Drive Pulley and place the Pulley onto the Hexagon Adapter. Make sure the Pulley is pushed all the way down onto the Hexagon Adapter.
25. VIEW GUIDE WHEELS - When you replace the Guide Wheels, make sure that the slots line up an engage the tabs at the base of the Guide Wheel post.
26. REPLACE RIGHT SIDE GUIDE WHEEL 1 - Place the slotted end of one of the Guide Wheels onto the post left of the Drive Pulley. You may have to pull the Track down slightly away from the Guide Wheel to set the Guide Wheel on its post.
27. REPLACE RIGHT SIDE GUIDE WHEEL 2 - Place the other Guide Wheel onto the post on the right side of the Drive Pulley. Here you might need to have someone else pull the Track down to provide enough room to set the Guide Wheel on its post.
28. IDENTIFY LOWER SIDE PANELS - The Lower Side Panels are slightly different. The Lower Side Panel for the right side has a slot in the bottom center of the Panel to hold the Roller Wheel Assembly.
29. REPLACE LOWER RIGHT PANEL (1) - Replacing a Lower Panel is a two-step process. First install the top of the panel by inserting the two top tabs into the slots provided.
30. REPLACE LOWER RIGHT PANEL (2) - Next with the top in place, rotate the bottom end of the Panel down to the top of the edge of the frame. The three bottom tabs will line up with their slots. Push the bottom of the Panel down until the three tabs click into their slots.
31. REPLACE LEFT SIDE WHEELS AND PULLEY - Replace the two Guide Wheels and Drive Pulley on the left side using the same procedure listed above for the right side. The procedure is the same except there is no Hexagon Adapter. The motor only drives the right side.
32. REPLACE LOWER LEFT PANEL - Replace the Lower Panel on the left side like you did for the right side above.
33. VIEW COVER ASSEMBLY - When you replace the Cover Assembly, make sure the three tabs at each corner of the Cover Assembly line up and engage the slots on the Cleaner.
34. REPLACE COVER ASSEMBLY - Thread the Cover Assembly cover back over the power cord and place it on top of the Cleaner. Secure it with the 4 corner screws.
35. REPLACE IMPELLER COVER - Replace the Impeller Cover into the Cover Assembly. Make sure it is flush and secure it with 2 screws.
36. IDENTIFY SIDE PANELS - The Side Panels are slightly different. The Side Panel for the right side has a slot in the bottom center of the Panel for the Roller Wheel Assembly.
37. REPLACE LEFT SIDE PANEL - Place the Left Side Panel over the posts of the Drive Pulley and the 2 Guide Wheels. The Drive Pulley will be cocked at an angle because of the tension of the Track. You may have to use a flat screwdriver to pull the edge of the Drive Pulley down in order to fit the Side Panel over its post.
38. SCREW DOWN SIDE PANEL - After you have ensured that the Side Panel is placed all the way down on the three posts, secure the Left Side Panel with 4 screws.
39. REPLACE ROLLER WHEEL ASSEMBLY - Turn the Cleaner over. Lay the Roller Wheel Assembly in the slot provided in the Lower Side Panel. Ensure that there is a washer on either side of the Wheel.
40. REPLACE RIGHT SIDE PANEL - Replace the Right Side Panel like you did above for the Left Side Panel.
41. CLEANER IS READY - Check that you do not have any extra pieces that weren't installed. If not, your Cleaner is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!