This guide will help you to replace the GLX-PCB-RITE.The Main PCB (GLX-PCB-RITE) for the Hayward Aqua Rite will occasionally fail. Most of the time this is due to an electrical surge.
1. TURN OFF THE POWER TO THE TIMER BOX. There should be a circuit breaker before the timer box where the power can be turned off.
2. Unlatch the lock and open the door to the Hayward Aqua Rite control box.
3. Using a 5/16" socket, remove the 2 screws that secure the cover panel to the box.
4. Pull the cover panel out of the Aqua Rite control box.
5. Pull the Display PCB off of the Main PCB. The Display PCB will simply lift right off of the GLX-PCB-RITE.
6. Remove the gray, violet, white, blue, orange, and yellow cables from the Hayward Aqua Rite Main PCB. We recommend using a pair of needle nose pliers.
7. Remove the red and black cables from the black terminal located in the top right corner of the box. Note: The new board will come with a new black and red cable.
8. With a 5/16" socket, loosen the two screws that hold the Main PCB in place. They do not need to be completely removed.
9. Slide the old Hayward Main PCB out of the control box.
10. Place the new Main PCB (GLX-PCB-RITE) into the control box.
11. Tighten the two screws at the bottom of the GLX-PCB-RITE with a 5/16" socket.
12. Attach the new red and black cable from the board to the black terminal located in the top right corner of the box. Note: The red cable will be connected to the lower right terminal connection and the black cable will connect to the upper left terminal connection.
13. Attach the gray, violet, white, blue, orange, and yellow cables to the Hayward GLX-PCB-RITE board. The terminals on the board are labeled with a particular color. Each colored cable should be matched to the color indicated on the board.
14. Press the Display Board back onto the new Hayward Main PCB. Make sure the long pins from the Main PCB match up with the holes on the Display PCB.
15. Place the control box cover into the box.
16. Tighten the two cover screws with a 5/16" socket.
17. Turn on the power at the circuit breaker.
18. The "Power" light and the display should be illuminated if everything is operating correctly.
19. Close the door to the Hayward Aqua Rite and continue to enjoy the benefits of your salt water pool.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!