This guide provides a step-by-step procedure for replacing a Triton Dolphin Cleaner cable. In the past, you would probably have had to send your Dolphin cleaner back to the Maytronics repair shop to have another cable attached. If you have one of the newer cleaners that feed the cable in from the TOP, the replacement process is much simpler. Although this guide is tailored to a Triton Cleaner, most of the steps are applicable to the other TOP entry Dolphin Cleaners.
1. ORDER PARTS - You have two options to select from for replacing your 18M (60') cable.
2. TURN OFF POWER - Before working on your Maytronics Dolphin Triton Robotic Cleaner, make sure you have disconnected all power to the unit.
3. UNSCREW IMPELLER COVER - The Impeller cover is secured into the top of the Cover Assembly with 2 screws. Remove these screws with a Phillips head screwdriver. Do not use a power drill. You run the risk of stripping the threads. Set these screws aside. They are shorter than the rest of the screws you will be removing.
4. LIFT OFF IMPELLER COVER - The Impeller Cover is in flush with the Cover Assembly. You may need to use a small screwdriver to gently pry it out of the Assembly. Note how the cover fits around the cable spring.
5. UNSCREW COVER ASSEMBLY - Remove the 4 top corner screws that hold the top Cover Assembly to the Cleaner's chassis.
6. LIFT OFF COVER ASSEMBLY - Lift the Cover Assembly up off of the top of the Cleaner. You will have to thread the Cover Assembly along the power cord to get it off far enough to work on.
7. UNSCREW WHITE PLUG - Inset the ends of a pair of pliers in the holes on top of the white plug and unscrew the plug in a counter-clockwise direction.
8. LIFT PLUG - Pull the white plug up and out of the socket and slide it down the cable.
9. PULL OUT BLACK CONNECTOR - Using the cable pull the black connect and gasket straight up out of the socket. It will take a strong steady tug.
10. VIEW PLUG GASKET - Here is a picture of what the black plug and watertight gasket look like once extracted.;
11. REMOVE RETAINER CLAMP - Unscrew the clamp that holds the cable to the motor.
12. PULL OLD CABLE OUT - Remove the old cable out of the cover assembly.
13. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM BOX - Disconnect the other end of the cable from the power supply. Plug unscrews counter-clockwise.
14. THREAD NEW CABLE IN - Thread the new cable through the cover assembly from the top to the bottom.
15. SEPARATE PLUG COMPONENTS - Spread out the three plug components at the end of the cable.
16. LUBRICATE O-RING - Lubricate the O-ring on the black connector.
17. VIEW CONNECTOR - The connector has a groove on its side to line up with the ridge in the socket when you plug it in.
18. INSERT CONNECTOR - Line the connector up with the socket groove and push it in as far as it will go.
19. SLIDE DOWN GASKET - Slide the gasket down the cable into the socket until it is on top of the connector.
20. SCREW ON WHITE CAP - Slide the white cap down the cable and screw it into the socket.
21. TIGHTEN WITH PLIERS - Using a pair of pliers, screw the cap down until it is tight.
22. SECURE RETAINER CLAMP - Replace the cable retainer clamp with two screws.
23. POSITION COVER ASSEMBLY - Position the cover assembly over the top of the cleaner body to line up with the four corner screws.
24. INSERT SPRING - Work the end of the cable spring into the cable slot provided in the top of the cover assembly.
25. ENGAGE COVER TABS - There are two sets of cover tabs that line up and secure the cover assembly to the cleaner body. Make sure those sets are engaged on each side before screwing the cover assembly on.
26. SCREW ON COVER ASSEMBLY - Secure the four screws that hold the Cover Assembly to the body.
27. REPLACE IMPELLER COVER - Place the new Impeller Cover into the top of the Cover Assembly. Work it around the Floating Cord connection first then lay the other end down. Make sure the Cover is flush with the Cover Assembly. Secure the two screws to hold the Impeller Cover to the Cover Assembly. Hand tighten with a manual screwdriver. DO NOT over tighten.
28. ATTACH CABLE TO POWER BOX - Attach the free end of the cleaner cable to the side of the power unit. Push the cable plug onto the power supply socket and rotate the plug's locking ring in a clockwise direction to secure the plug.
29. READY TO GO - Your Cleaner has a new cable and is ready to go.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!