The Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Wheel is key to your unit's stability and movement. If one of your wheels is not functional your cleaner will not operate effectively.
1. Tools you will need. 1) Flat-head screwdriver TIP: It is very important that you are careful when taking this apart. If you lay all the pieces out in a row as you remove them, it will be easier to put back together.
2. First turn off your booster pump and disconnect from the dedicated pressure cleaner line from pool port, then remove your cleaner from the pool.
3. To access the Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Wheel the hub cover must be removed. To do this take a tool of your choosing to pop off the lid by prying it up using the small notch in the hub.
4. Once the hub cover is out you can now move onto to extracting the wheel screw. Use a flat-head screw driver to remove. After removing the screw, take out the washer as well and sit both to side.
5. The Letro Pool Cleaner Wheel is now free to be taken off its axle. Do this by gripping both sides of the wheel and pulling straight off the axle. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Axle part #: 3280-27
6. Take this time to inspect the different parts of the wheel, like the wheel axle, wheel bearing, tire and drive shaft (depending on which wheel you are replacing). Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Axle part #: 3280-27, Wheel Bearing Set of 2 part #: 3280-37P, Tire part #: 3283-280, Drive Shaft part #: 3280-05
7. To remove the tire from the Letro Legend Pool Cleaner simply grip the rubber tire and slip the lips of the tire over the edge of the wheel. Do this until the tire has been completely removed. Replacement Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Tire part #: 3280-122
8. Time to install the new Letro Legend Pool Cleaner Wheel.
9. Slide the wheel onto the axle. If the wheel being replaced is one with a drive shaft be sure to spin the wheel to check that the shaft is in contact with the grooves inside the wheel. If the shaft seated correctly, then both wheels should turn at the same rate.
10. Once the wheel is properly seated on the axle, place the Letro Pool Cleaner wheel washer and screw into place to secure the wheel to the cleaner.
11. Place the wheel cover into place by aligning the notches on slot on the cover and wheel. These points are highlighted in the picture.
12. Once the wheel is in place check the integrity of the wheel for any odd behavior when doing test turns of the wheel. if you find no further defects than you may continue enjoying your Letro Legend Pool Cleaner.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!