In this "how to" we will guide you through how to change a Hayward Tiger Shark Drive Belt. The Hayward Tiger Shark Drive Belt is one of the key components to your cleaner, as it provides traction and also transfers the power from the motor into movement for the cleaner. If this part is damaged or worn your cleaner may not function properly.
1. In preparation of replacing your Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Drive Belt, you will need to remove the Tiger Shark Handle, locate and extract the screws on each arm pivot. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Drive Belt part #: 3276-050, Handle part #: 3276-078
2. Next, turn the cleaner on its side to remove the Tiger Shark Cleaner Bottom Lid Assembly. This is done by unfastening the locking clips on each side of the bottom panel, then using the bar between the vents as a grip, and pulling out. At this point you can check the condition of your Tiger Shark cleaner filter cartridge to see if it requires changing, we have a "How to" on replacing that as well. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Locking Plate part #: 3276-074, Bottom Lid part #: 3276-072
3. At this point you can check the condition of your Tiger Shark Cleaner Filter Cartridge to see if it requires changing. We have a "How to" on replacing that as well. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Locking Plate part #: 3276-074, Bottom Lid part #: 3276-072
4. This should be your vantage point of the Hayward Tiger Shark Cleaner Motor, on either side Tiger Shark cleaner's motor housing wall you will see seven screws. Remove these screws to release the side panel. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Side Cover Screws part #; 3276-031
5. A flat-head screwdriver may be necessary to pry the cover from its supports.
6. This is what a Hayward Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner's Drive Belt and Drive Shaft should look like once the side cover is removed. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Drive Belt part #: 3276-050, Drive Pulley part #: 3276-053, Guide Bearing part #: 3276-051, Idler Bearing part #: 3276-052
7. Remove the two Idler Bearings that flank the Tiger Shark's Drive Shaft. Doing this will make it easier to remove the belt from the wheel tube in the next step. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Wheel Tube Assembly part #: 3276-054, Idler Bearing part #: 3276-052
8. Remove the Drive Belt from around the wheel tube and drive shaft then discard worn belt. After a quick inspection of the Tiger Shark Cleaner Drive, Guide, Idler and Roller bearings, you can retread the unit. Replacement Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Wheel Tube Bearings part #: 3276-056, Tiger Shark Wheel Tube part #: 3276-055, Tiger Shark Brush part #: 3276-057
9. Installing the drive belt is the same operation as taking it off but in reverse, snake the belt around the wheel tubes and drive shaft, to tighten the slack and complete the installation insert the idler wheels onto their posts. Make sure the notches and the base of the post are locked into the grooves on the bottom of the Idler Bearing.
10. Reinstall the Side Cover, securing with the screws inside of the unit. Tighten these screws then place in the Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner Cartridge and Bottom Lid Assembly, the last thing to install before resuming operation is the cleaner's handle. Inspect your Hayward Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner one last time for any issues, you may return to enjoying a clean pool.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!