In this guide you will learn how to heat your above ground pool to make swimming more comfortable as it extends your pool season each year.
So how can you ensure that you can continue to enjoy your swimming pool despite the changeable weather?
We listed different methods to heat above ground pool including a pool water heater, heat pump, solar rings, solar covers, or liquid treatments.We offer a wide range of pool heaters, heat pumps, filters and covers for above ground pools. These suggestions apply to all types of above ground pools eg wooden, plastic and metal framed pools.
1) A solar cover
Using a solar pool cover to help heat your pool water will save you money on utility bills! Our affordable solar blankets are available in round, oval, and rectangular for both in-ground and above ground pools. A solar reel is a companion to any solar blanket purchase and makes deploying and storing your solar cover convenient and simple. Raise your water temperature by as much as 15 degrees with the power of the sun and an In the Swim solar blanket!
- Solar-heat-retaining cover for 15-foot round pools
- Reduces evaporation by 95 percent; retains heat
- Includes carry bag for storage when not in use
- Fits just inside edge of pool and floats in place
- Canadian PMRA registered (#24583)
2)A Solar Cover Reel
Solar cover reels have proven to be a fast and reliable way to handle your pool's solar cover. Whether you have an inground or above ground pool, deploying, retracting, maneuvering and storing your solar cover has never been easier than with a reel. Reels come in a variety of sizes, styles and materials to suit your individual needs.
- Keep your pool water warmer with this environmentally friendly heating method!
- All the benefits of covering your above ground pool without the hassle.
- Easy to install and use.
- Suitable for rectangular frame pools with Width from 9'-16'.
- Reel only, Solar cover not included
3) A Solar Mat
Ensure that your pool time is enjoyable before diving in with the Solar Heater Mat. It is an energy-efficient way to capture the heat of the sun and make the water more pleasant. Designed to work with a variety of filter pumps, this solar mat for above ground pool extends your time having fun with environmentally friendly technology. This pool heater accessory is simple to hook up and has a large surface area to soak up all of those rays. It will help ensure everyone in the family and any friends are comfortable when they enjoy the water.
- HEATS UP POOL: Increases temperature of the pool water by approx. 5°- 9° F depending on weather condition
- SUITABLE/COMPATIBLE WITH: Suitable for above ground pools up to 8000 gal; Compatible with filter pump up to 1/2 hp or pump flow rate < 2500 gal/hr
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Easy and economical to use with eco-friendly solar technology
- DIMENSIONS: 47.25 x 47.25 inches; Weight: 6 lbs.
- INCLUDED: Two adaptors B for 1 1/2" (38mm) hose connection, One 1/4 " hose attachment points, Bypass valve; Simple hook up; Quantity 2
4) A Solar Dome
The Solar Pool Heater Dome is an ultra simple way to add gradual heat to any pool. The dome features heating coils that capturer the suns heat energy and transfers it directly to your pool water. The dome can be angled for maximum solar efficiency and you can easily add multiple domes because of their small footprint and easy installation. Keep small to medium sized pool comfortably heated throughout the spring and fall and purchase multiple units for increased heating power.
- Don't let summer's end keep you from swimming, this Kokido Keops Solar Dome Above Ground Pool Water Heater lets you swim on into the cooler months of the year
- Extend your swimming season with warm water and heat your pool to a warm, comfortable temperature
- Environmentally friendly heating energy
- Dramatically reduces or eliminates pool heating costs compared with gas or electrical heater
- Includes a protective cover for storage purpose when not in use
5) A Tankless Heater
The Tankless Heaters can provide 1°to 1.5° F. Temperature rise per hour for the on demand pool heating experience.They operate by utilizing the latest flow sensor technology instead of the traditional pressure switch activation and contactors to reduce the risk of burned elements, which increases functionality and reliability. Come with digital thermostat control so you can set the temperature exactly where you want. Can be used as an alternative to heat pumps or as a booster and are compact and easy to install for a new or existing pool.
- The product is highly durable
- The product is easy to use
- Copper and stainless components
- Lifetime warranty for residential use
- Save up to 60% on your water heating costs with the most advanced, self modulating technology available
- Never run out of hot water with an ECOSMART tankless water heater.
- Save up to 12 cubic feet of storage space.
- Digital temperature control in 1-degree increments gives users complete control of hot water
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!